X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• batman
    started a topic ForumRunner for iPhone

ForumRunner for iPhone

ForumRunner for iPhone, iPad and iPad Touch is installed on YardLimits. When you connect to YardLimits.com from one of those devices, you'll be directed to the site to purchase ($1.99) and download ForumRunner.

• jonnyseeandoh
    replied
    I still carry a Dell Mini 9 with Ubuntu Ornery Ocelot or whatever....and my Nook Color....the Nook can do web browsing and utube....but I find it just a wee bit small for that purpose.....great for reading of course.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Honcho
    replied
    Originally posted by jonnyseeandoh
    I have Android free version and don't use it. I mean really, it works OK if you just need to log in, but I can wait til I get to a screen of viewable size, say netbook or bigger. I can see the day when we carry a phone, for texting and calling, and a tablet, 7 inches or so for quick surfing. When the turmoil settles, I bet thats what we see.
    I don't carry my laptop anymore. Kindle Fire(7 inches) and iPhone.

Leave a comment:

• nsrlink
    replied
    Bump.

Leave a comment:

• jonnyseeandoh
    replied
    I have Android free version and don't use it. I mean really, it works OK if you just need to log in, but I can wait til I get to a screen of viewable size, say netbook or bigger. I can see the day when we carry a phone, for texting and calling, and a tablet, 7 inches or so for quick surfing. When the turmoil settles, I bet thats what we see.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Honcho
    replied
    Originally posted by BadOrderKing View Post
    I likely will. I noticed that half the apps I would like to play with only work on 4.0 or later. I have just been scared to death of the battery issues that I do not suffer from now. My wife's phone is better since the last update, but not near what it was before 4.0. Give me time.

I fixed the app. Well, I downgraded it. I deleted it off my phone and reinstalled the older version I had on iTunes back on the phone. Works like a charm now.

I've upgraded to the latest greatest and dont have any battery problems.

Leave a comment:

• BadOrderKing
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Honcho View Post
    I updated it and it is working fine but you may need to update your phone to 4.2.1 to use it. Not 100% sure on that though but it's worth a try and updating to the latest is worth it simply because of "Find My iPhone"
    I likely will. I noticed that half the apps I would like to play with only work on 4.0 or later. I have just been scared to death of the battery issues that I do not suffer from now. My wife's phone is better since the last update, but not near what it was before 4.0. Give me time.

I fixed the app. Well, I downgraded it. I deleted it off my phone and reinstalled the older version I had on iTunes back on the phone. Works like a charm now.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Honcho
    replied
    Originally posted by BadOrderKing

Im sorry... No, I meant the Forum Runner update. My phone is pre OS4 and it will likely stay that way as long as it can.
    I updated it and it is working fine but you may need to update your phone to 4.2.1 to use it. Not 100% sure on that though but it's worth a try and updating to the latest is worth it simply because of "Find My iPhone"

Leave a comment:

• BadOrderKing
    replied
    Originally posted by NonSense View Post
    Not sure if you're talking the iOS 4.2.1 (or whatever the fuck it was) update. If so, Forum Runner needed and got an update through the App Store almost immediately after it came out.
    Im sorry... No, I meant the Forum Runner update. My phone is pre OS4 and it will likely stay that way as long as it can.

Leave a comment:

• NonSense
    replied
    Originally posted by BadOrderKing View Post
    iPhone:
    Has anyone else done the latest update and experienced problems? I downloaded the update on my iPhone last night and ever since I cannot open the ForumRunner app. I tried turning the phone off and on with no luck. Sent them a "Bug report" too.
    Not sure if you're talking the iOS 4.2.1 (or whatever the fuck it was) update. If so, Forum Runner needed and got an update through the App Store almost immediately after it came out.

Leave a comment:

• BadOrderKing
    replied
    iPhone:
    Has anyone else done the latest update and experienced problems? I downloaded the update on my iPhone last night and ever since I cannot open the ForumRunner app. I tried turning the phone off and on with no luck. Sent them a "Bug report" too.

Android:
    I got another chance to play with the free Android version the other day and found the log in option. NOW it says I cannot post anything with the free version. Only the paid version offers that. For everyone who has a free version that allows posting, feel lucky. I guess they changed it since then. Sucks for me.

Leave a comment:

• jonnyseeandoh
    replied
    Yes, and on a Moto droid and some other Android phonez, the real buttons are touchy too....except maybe the trackball (trackpad), and the keyboard.

Leave a comment:

• BadOrderKing
    replied
    Originally posted by jonnyseeandoh View Post
    The free version lets you log in...touch the menu button while program is running and there should be an option there.
    Sorry..... Still learning the phone. It has an actual button and not a touch screen option. I keep forgetting about that button.

Thanks once again, Johnny.

Leave a comment:

• jonnyseeandoh
    replied
    The free version lets you log in...touch the menu button while program is running and there should be an option there.

Leave a comment:

• BadOrderKing
    replied
    Android - Free Version

I had a little down time earlier with my daughters Android based phone. I found and downloaded ForumRunner Free to see what it looked like.

I could not find an option to log in. It appeared to be a read only app. I could search the forum, view today's posts, search who was on-line. I just could not log in and post anything.

Looks like the free version is just for you to "test drive" it to see what it feels and looks like.

EDIT: Android paid version is also $1.99

Leave a comment:

Working...
X