No announcement yet.

ForumRunner for iPhone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk about an app that needs its own sticky! ForumRunner is an awesome app. I know you are automatically prompted to download it when you visit from your iPhone, but I want to make sure everyone knows it is WELL worth the cost.
    All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

The free one is worth even more!

Comment

But the free one might serve up ads which suck up ALL your personal info, and sell it to nefarious so and sos! I have deleted all ad serving software from my phone.

The above notwithstanding, Forum Runner paid and free are available for Android as well.
        Last edited by jonnyseeandoh; 01-02-2011, 04:41 PM.
        sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Haven't seen an ad yet.

Comment

Forum Runner iPhone App Review | Triphp Webmaster Blog

OK. In this article, at the end, they mention the free version lacking some of the options that you get with the paid version. I wonder what they are?

I can do just about anything I normally would using ForumRunner vs my computer. Of course things look a bit different (Trims it down to make it run faster on the phone). If you're vain enough you MUST see if your post gets thanked or you just want to see/use the thread as you would on PC, there is a small arrow at the top you can tap that lets you do just that. It even easily lets you go right back to the condensed version.

I know some, like me, use the "thanks" option almost as a quick reply or to show agreement without responding. That option is missing from the app, but you can always flip it over to the full view and do it.

I threw in a couple screen shots just because I LOVE taking pictures of my screen. LOL.

All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

Android - Free Version

I had a little down time earlier with my daughters Android based phone. I found and downloaded ForumRunner Free to see what it looked like.

I could not find an option to log in. It appeared to be a read only app. I could search the forum, view today's posts, search who was on-line. I just could not log in and post anything.

Looks like the free version is just for you to "test drive" it to see what it feels and looks like.

EDIT: Android paid version is also $1.99

Comment

The free version lets you log in...touch the menu button while program is running and there should be an option there.
                sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyseeandoh View Post
                  The free version lets you log in...touch the menu button while program is running and there should be an option there.
                  Sorry..... Still learning the phone. It has an actual button and not a touch screen option. I keep forgetting about that button.

Thanks once again, Johnny.

Comment

Yes, and on a Moto droid and some other Android phonez, the real buttons are touchy too....except maybe the trackball (trackpad), and the keyboard.

Comment

iPhone:
                      Has anyone else done the latest update and experienced problems? I downloaded the update on my iPhone last night and ever since I cannot open the ForumRunner app. I tried turning the phone off and on with no luck. Sent them a "Bug report" too.

Android:
                      I got another chance to play with the free Android version the other day and found the log in option. NOW it says I cannot post anything with the free version. Only the paid version offers that. For everyone who has a free version that allows posting, feel lucky. I guess they changed it since then. Sucks for me.

Comment

Originally posted by BadOrderKing View Post
                        iPhone:
                        Has anyone else done the latest update and experienced problems? I downloaded the update on my iPhone last night and ever since I cannot open the ForumRunner app. I tried turning the phone off and on with no luck. Sent them a "Bug report" too.
                        Not sure if you're talking the iOS 4.2.1 (or whatever the fuck it was) update. If so, Forum Runner needed and got an update through the App Store almost immediately after it came out.

Comment

Originally posted by NonSense View Post
                          Not sure if you're talking the iOS 4.2.1 (or whatever the fuck it was) update. If so, Forum Runner needed and got an update through the App Store almost immediately after it came out.
                          Im sorry... No, I meant the Forum Runner update. My phone is pre OS4 and it will likely stay that way as long as it can.

Comment

Originally posted by BadOrderKing

Im sorry... No, I meant the Forum Runner update. My phone is pre OS4 and it will likely stay that way as long as it can.
                            I updated it and it is working fine but you may need to update your phone to 4.2.1 to use it. Not 100% sure on that though but it's worth a try and updating to the latest is worth it simply because of "Find My iPhone"
                            There is something I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. it was weird, I... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow. That I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Honcho View Post
                              I updated it and it is working fine but you may need to update your phone to 4.2.1 to use it. Not 100% sure on that though but it's worth a try and updating to the latest is worth it simply because of "Find My iPhone"
                              I likely will. I noticed that half the apps I would like to play with only work on 4.0 or later. I have just been scared to death of the battery issues that I do not suffer from now. My wife's phone is better since the last update, but not near what it was before 4.0. Give me time.

I fixed the app. Well, I downgraded it. I deleted it off my phone and reinstalled the older version I had on iTunes back on the phone. Works like a charm now.

Comment

Originally posted by BadOrderKing View Post
                                I likely will. I noticed that half the apps I would like to play with only work on 4.0 or later. I have just been scared to death of the battery issues that I do not suffer from now. My wife's phone is better since the last update, but not near what it was before 4.0. Give me time.

I fixed the app. Well, I downgraded it. I deleted it off my phone and reinstalled the older version I had on iTunes back on the phone. Works like a charm now.

I've upgraded to the latest greatest and dont have any battery problems.
                                There is something I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. it was weird, I... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow. That I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.

Comment

Working...
                                X