MacMini

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MacMini

Well, I'm seriously thinking about purchasing the Macmini. I already have a 20 inch Samsung LCD monitor that works great and I already have a wireless keyboard and mouse and I have read the reviews and they all rave about it so I'm thinking I will be grabbing one up today. Anyone have one? On the plus side I can run windows simultaneously on the same system so if the Ole lady don't like mac she can use windows.
    There is something I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. it was weird, I... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow. That I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.

I have one though it's not the skinny mini that recently appeared. The new one is pretty zippy by it's specs, and MacOS X includes Boot Camp, which, when you run it, will set up a Windows partition and will add the drivers particular to the mini macs chipset. Why the Missus wouldn't like it I couldn't guess, and I guess she actually will, but you do have that dual boot ability if you must. And it will probably run Windows better than most Windows machines. All said, A minimac is not the bleeding edge as Imac's and Mac Desktops are, but they are terrific for the money, and I will be hard pressed not to buy another when this one I have shows it's age. You will need to bring your own keyboard, mouse, and monitor, but it's very worth it to spring for a mac keyboard and Apple Magic Mouse...They are a dream to use, really they are.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jonnyseeandoh; 08-12-2010, 07:50 PM.
    sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Well I bought one and I Love it! One thing I did notice is how good iTunes works with the mac versus windows. Seems like it is a lot faster for obvious reasons. Also this thing is so quiet. My huge tower was loud as hell and a power consuming machine.
      Just getting used to this all but so far its really easy. One thing I do not like is the fact that there is nothing really sufficient to grip my glass desktop. They need some kind of rubber grips for the bottom. Guess I will be making a trip to Walmart.
      Last edited by Mike Honcho; 08-13-2010, 12:03 PM.
      There is something I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. it was weird, I... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow. That I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.

Comment

I set mne on top of a DVD burner...Cheapskate that I am I opted for the combo drive which burns cds but not DVDs. So I added the external burner. And is has rubber feet!
        sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Im am proud to say that since I switched over to the Mac Mini my Glass desk has been dust free all week. My old tower created a layer of dust that you could never get rid of. Plus this thing is so quiet and is very energy efficient.

Size and weight

Height: 1.4 inches (3.6 cm)

Width: 7.7 inches (19.7 cm)

Depth: 7.7 inches (19.7 cm)

Weight: 3.0 pounds (1.37 kg)1

Comment

See, it does so many things so well! Whoulda thunk it?

Comment

Remember your defenses: Apple patches 13 bugs in OS X ? The Register

Comment

Got my updates......

Comment

So far I'm impressed. Right outta the box all my stuff worked. I did have an issue with my All in one printer, fax, scanner but surprisingly it was not Apple but the actual HP software. I removed it and deleted the Printer and then updated the apple software and it automagically started working. Even the Apple Image Capture works better then the actual HP software. So simple.

Comment

I am using mine as a network server.....sometimes it wheezes it at the task, but never crashes, and it's not even using MacOSX server!

Comment

Well, after showing one of my co-workers what I had he went out and bought a Mac Mini today.

Comment

That's about all it takes to sell a mac....show yours to someone, and they will go get their own.

Comment

Ok so i went on ebay and bought a imac g5. it has os X. seems really cool and not difficult to transition from windows. I have a problem regarding the emulator. the f12 button brings up multiple windows instead of going to the previous page on the emulator. can you do a macro for the emulator to expedite logon on a mac or is that only a windows feature?
                          "I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees"
                          Emiliano Zapata 8/8/1879 - 4/10/1919

Comment

Originally posted by cornhusker View Post
                            Ok so i went on ebay and bought a imac g5. it has os X. seems really cool and not difficult to transition from windows. I have a problem regarding the emulator. the f12 button brings up multiple windows instead of going to the previous page on the emulator. can you do a macro for the emulator to expedite logon on a mac or is that only a windows feature?
                            I'm not a mac expert but I think you can go to System Preferences and then under keyboard and keyboard shortcuts and change the mapping if this is what you're looking for.

Comment

Yes do go into System Prefs and hit the Keyboard page, there is a check box in there to make the mac F keys respect software definitions. It will work in most cases, and does make railroad emulators a little easier to use.

Comment

Working...
                              X