Windows Snipping Tool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Snipping Tool

I new this came with 7, but I just found it hidden in Vista. Looks like it would be fun to use along with the Pixlr Grabber I have on Firefox. Just a few things I cannot figure out.

If I snip a section of my screen to share I can only save it to my computer or send it in an email. Is there a quicker and easier way to use this tool to share pieces of my screen without going through the hassle of uploading the saved picture to a second hand site in order to obtain a URL to then repost?

Pixlr Grabber is pretty cool too. Had fun redesigning YardLimits to my fantasy BadOrderKing.com. LOL. However, it is limited to grabbing pieces of a particular site and not my entire screen. When I try to create a URL for it to post, I only get a code which is an error. Am I missing a step or is this possibly just a bug in the program?
    All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Well, save the pic from the snipper to your desktop, then you can attach it to an email or upload it to here or where ever. Once it's in say jpg or png format this site should on its own make any adjustments it needs to when you attach it to your post. Of course you should use the advanced posting screen to attach things.
    sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

www.yardlimits.com 2010-7-23 14-4.jpg

I think I can remember how I did that.
      Attached Files
      All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

I use MWSnap. Works with all versions of windows.

Mirek's Free Windows Software
        There is something I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. it was weird, I... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow. That I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.

Comment

OK, how do you use the "snipper" in Windoze 7?
          Only 511 ft lbs of Tq and only 1100 degrees EGT, damn, I need more fuel...

Comment

Originally posted by jetboater View Post
            OK, how do you use the "snipper" in Windoze 7?
            I saw it on one of the demo computers at Bestbuy. I couldnt find it on my wife's computer though. of course she has 7 Starter.

I found it in Vista by opening the Start Menu and typing "snip" in the program search.

Comment

Working...
            X