• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make it easy on all partys and just get a mac

Comment

Originally posted by ff25124
      Make it easy on all partys and just get a mac
      For someone that has used windows for decades the transition from windows to mac is a major undertaking. You may not think so but for an average user it is. I consider myself pretty advanced when it comes to computers. I have been dabbling for years and as exciting as it is to try something different i just cant get completely away from windows. Not only that my whole family would have to convert and this would take alot of work and frustration.

Just look at Linux. Ubuntu for example. Its a decent free operating system and has all the bells and whistles of windows vista and much more, but most people are reluctant to make this their primary operating system because its different and unfamiliar.

I have dual booted, and did complete installs and as much as I like Linux I just cant get away from windows.

A fellow coworker of mine bought a mac laptop and had it for a few months and ended up selling it on ebay and buying a dell. I asked him why and he basically told me the transition was just to difficult and this is coming from a computer guru that has been dabbling a lot longer then I have.

Windows is the Top Dog because it is familiar and very easy for the non tech or computer illiterate person to use.

Are we dumbing ourselves down because of Windows? I don't think so. Its just like everything else that is familiar and makes you comfortable to use. People are reluctant to give it up and its just to much damn work to make the change.
      Even for someone like myself who really enjoys a computer challenge and tinkering around.
      There is something I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. it was weird, I... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow. That I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.

Comment

Where is the best location to get my gcor for the comp? most sites have internet links that you have to open everytime you want to view your gcor.
        Karl Marx - "FOR THE BUREAUCRAT, THE WORLD IS A MERE OBJECT TO BE MANIPULATED BY HIM"

Comment

Originally posted by Popeye
          Where is the best location to get my gcor for the comp? most sites have internet links that you have to open everytime you want to view your gcor.
          Go to BNSF Employee Online: https://employee.bnsf.com/

Sign in using your regular sign on and password. Then click accept when the security page opens. Once you get to the main page click on employee tools the look for Timetables and rule books in the list. Accept the terms of use on the next page. The next page that opens up will have everything you need. You can download these files in pdf format.
          There is something I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. it was weird, I... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow. That I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.

Comment

Much obliged Mike.
            Karl Marx - "FOR THE BUREAUCRAT, THE WORLD IS A MERE OBJECT TO BE MANIPULATED BY HIM"

Comment

Will BNSF Emulator ever be brought out of the stone age?
              sigpic"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
              ~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006

Comment

I made a post on this in the BNSF section. I should have just posted here.

Anyways, tonight I am having problems with the emulator.

Can anyone get this link to work:

http://www2.bnsf.com:8200/jretest.ht...on=switch.html

Comment

Worked fine for me.
                  sigpic"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
                  ~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006

Comment

I cannot get my emulator to work, I just got a new internet supplier and it will not open the emulator, keeps saying to adjust my proxy settings, but when I set them just like they say too on the FAQ page, it still says it

Comment

Try the direct link Mike Honcho supplied above.
                      si hoc non legere potes tu asinus es!

Comment

nope, even that doesn't work

Comment

No offense...but have you tried a macintosh?
                          si hoc non legere potes tu asinus es!

Comment

no, i haven't, I just got this new computer a few months ago, has worked fine on emulator the whole time, now i get a new internet supplier due to moving and all of a sudden it won't work

Comment

And you tried it in different browsers? If so, it sounds like your new ISP is blocking certain sites, maybe even JAVA applets.... I would possibly call them and ask.

Comment

It's been working for me. Clear your browser cookies and history or download Ccleaner and try that.

Comment

Working...
                                X