Iphone Apps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iphone Apps

If anyone here has the Iphone download the Slacker Radio app. Its awesome. They also have a website.

Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations
    There is something I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. it was weird, I... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow. That I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.

an app that let's you know if you've had too much to drink and drive..

Breitbart.tv iPhone App Could Help You Tell If You Are Too Drunk to Drive

Comment

I saw an app on some news show the other day a 14 year old kid made. It is for sending prayers to heaven. Last I checked I could get on my knees, bow my head and send a prayer skyward without paying for an app or airtime. I guess people will buy anything.

I will admit though there are some great apps out there but I am not willing to sacrifice my Verizon service to get an Iphone. Hopefully the rumors about Verizon possibly have their version in 2010/2011 will give me the option.
      sigpic"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
      ~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006

Comment

if an iphone app can just remind people to pray at all, it might well be a winner to be sure.
        sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Do I smell something evil here?

This is where the following smiley is appropriate for some here but not me for the above post....not going there.

sigpic"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
          ~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006

Comment

k.. this goes beyond stupidity...

Breitbart.tv RunPee.com’s New iPhone App Tells You Best Time to Leave Movie for Bathroom Break

Comment

Honestly!
              sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Anyway........
                Buddy of mine who reads here, but rarely posts, got a new Iphone.
                Y'all geeks wanna share some of your favorite / most useful apps?
                Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

I hear a lot about IheartRadio App all the time.

Also, this may be stupid but I don't have a smart phone, so why have an APP? Why not just go to whatever website & get whatever content you want (via a browser.) Just asking.
                  Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

Originally posted by nsrlink
                    I hear a lot about IheartRadio App all the time.

Also, this may be stupid but I don't have a smart phone, so why have an APP? Why not just go to whatever website & get whatever content you want (via a browser.) Just asking.
                    Where do we begin?

I know I can't even begin to scratch the surface of apps, but I have a few that I use daily.

1. Forum Runner. I would curl up and die without this one. Lol

2. Facebook. I can live without it, but it gives me something to read.

3. The Weather Channel. With one tap I can see current conditions at my default or current location. An updated map and hourly forecast along with 10 day forecast are all one click away once inside the app.

4. Words With Friends. Nothing like having three or four scrabble games going with your friends at one time. You play then wait. Your next move may be within minutes or days. Who knows.

5. Craigslist. They have done an outstanding job streamlining their app. It, like most aps, keeps your default location and allows you to add several more.

6. All your national and local news have their own app. Again, great for keeping up and something to read.

7. Email. I have 4 email accounts just one tap away. I can look in all at once or each individually. Very easy to use.

8. FaceTime. (for those with forward facing cameras). Video chat is what it is.

9. Most all major retail stores have an app. Most are decent and some are simply crap.

10. Bar code scanner apps. You can scan a barcode and it will find the product and local prices. Fairly handy and so far fairly accurate. It has it's limits. Great if you need to get an idea if the value of something. I also believe they have more use as well.

11. Police scanner apps. This is a streaming app. People are recruited in certain areas to broadcast their local police, fire, aviation, railroad, etc. it's one of those "eh when I get bored apps".

12. Angry Birds. Can't forget that. It's a madly addictive game.

Apps dedicated to a certain site usually load faster, are much easier to read without resizing your scene constantly and give you much easier control as opposed to cramming what you see on your PC monitor onto a 3" screen.

I think I took some screen shots in the forum runner thread.
                    All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

Here's a free unit converter that I've used a few times. It'll convert just about anything.

Notice the ad at the top. It's something you usually get with free apps that are not connected to a major outfit.
                      Attached Files
                      All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

I've tried a few different radio apps for Android, best one I found is TuneIn Radio. Liked it so much I bought the paid version. It's the only app I've ever paid for.

I guess they make one for all you Iphone people in this thread, don't know for sure, but might want to try if if they do.

Comment

Tunein radio is great....they have a website to stream at home too.

Comment

iheartradio is where its at...

Cancelled my (paid) pandora account. iheartradio has commercial free custom stations, or you can listen to live audio from all over the place.

Custom news feeds and even a few comedy feeds.
                            ][ ][ ][ %

Comment

But unless you DO choose your own music on iheart, the local stations are only the ones owned by Clear Channel Radio....you'd be surprised how alike all their stations are....Tunein radio gives you ALL the local stations but Clear Channel.

Comment

Working...
                              X