first gun control bill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first gun control bill

OpenCongress - U.S. Congress - H.R.45 Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009

That didn't take long, an Illinois Dem introducing gun control legislation.

Although I don't agree with it, I was licensed with a FOID card when I was growing up in Illinois, but a nationwide, first step towards confiscation. Pay particular attention to each subsection, as required or deemed necessary by the Attorney General.

Just the first of many, hell they didn't even wait for Obama to get sworn in.
    Only 511 ft lbs of Tq and only 1100 degrees EGT, damn, I need more fuel...

And with tottal dem control it should be no problem for the total gun confiscation programs to be implimented. Time to say I told ya so.

Comment

Told ya so!
      PED30.... YOUR CLAIM IS WITHOUT MERIT, THEREFOR IT IS DECLINED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ya, Obama and Biden are all for our gun rights. So much so I just can't wait for his 2nd month. One thing about it, it'll start turning voters in the next election in 23 about months.

Comment

I looked this up in the NRA site and NOTHING. Is this a hoax or is my NRA asleep at the wheel?

Comment

Originally posted by Slugo View Post
            I looked this up in the NRA site and NOTHING. Is this a hoax or is my NRA asleep at the wheel?
            Good point. I'll call the NRA and ask e wtf over. Well when I get back home that is.

Comment

go to the House Of Representatives website, that where I found it.

also, go to The White House.gov page, and under agenda, look at urban, or city violence, it's there too.
              Only 511 ft lbs of Tq and only 1100 degrees EGT, damn, I need more fuel...

Comment

This is a kick in the nuts to me, but I saw it coming. Just because those fucks in the inner city like to shoot their fucking other man because of a different color bandanna hanging from their pants, I can't hold a god damn gun in my gun case.
                Have you ever, or recently been aided by the Government? NOPE.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostrider View Post
                  And with tottal dem control it should be no problem for the total gun confiscation programs to be implimented. Time to say I told ya so.
                  So this has passed and been signed into law? No it hasn't.

All kinds of bills get proposed every session. Without looking, I am sure many types of gun control bills were introduced during Bush's terms.

It's when Bills make it out of sub-committees (if they ever do) and to full committees when I start watching more closely.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeb View Post
                    It's when Bills make it out of sub-committees (if they ever do) and to full committees when I start watching more closely.
                    If it comes from a sub committee, then its time to worry.

I'm curious as to why nothing has been made mention on this through the NRA.

But still....you never know. Hear any rumors about that fat lesbian Rosie getting appointed to anything yet? LMAO
                    I see the "moron meter" pegged you! It never fails...EVER!

Comment

Originally posted by throttle View Post
                      I'm curious as to why nothing has been made mention on this through the NRA.
                      I'll have that answer tomorrow, lets see if my new "benefactor" membership will get me an answer on that...On another note while I was on the NRA-ILA site I damn near sh#t when I saw just how many gun bills are in the works..DAMMMM they going to have to hire more staff at the NRA...

Comment

Thank you for your inquiry to the National Rifle Association. A representative will contact you directly.
                        Well we'll see how long directly is, been a couple hours since I sent it at around 10 pm....

Comment

Originally posted by Unprotected View Post
                          It's the same old bill that's been tossed around for several years now. While I'm not sure if it's detailed on the NRA site, real advocates of gun rights have been covering it for awhile. The GOA, Second Amendment Foundation, and VCDL have all been talking about it.

One thing's for sure, though.........if a disastrous bill like this ever had a chance of making it out of committee and onto the "President's" desk, it's now.
                          Thats a fact, this is the perfect storm, the most anti gun administration and no stopping them, no checks and balances in this administration. They'll get what ever they want to push through.

Comment

Here is the reply I got back from the NRA, 12 hours wasn't to bad on the timing aspect.

Thanks for contacting NRA-ILA.

HR 45, although a registration scheme, does not pose an immediate threat. Many bills are introduced with full knowledge that they will not go anywhere.

If the anti-gunners in the U.S. Congress begin pushing for this bill, we will use all of our power and influence to prevent its passage. As of now it has only a sponsor, without any co-sponsors. It is in a committee and is not up for a vote.

NRA-ILA :: Big Brother's New Target: Tracking Firearms

We encourage our members to contact their Representative on this issue. NRA will monitor this very carefully and keep everyone posted at NRA-ILA :: and in our publications.

Sincerely,

Krista Cupp
                            NRA-ILA Grassroots Division

Comment

Working...
                            X