Freshly Built Polish AKM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freshly Built Polish AKM

I've always preferred the AK platform over the ARs but it wasn't until last year that I learned you could build them from part kits. Since then I have purged myself of my ARs and have started building more of these. Here is my freshly completed 1968 Polish AKM built from an AK-Builder.com parts kit and receiver flat. I had it blued to look what it was in 1968 from the Radom, Poland factory.

Attached Files
    "Then I’ll be all aroun’ in the dark. I’ll be ever’where—wherever you look. Wherever they’s a fight so hungry people can eat, I’ll be there. Wherever they’s a cop beatin’ up a guy, I’ll be there."-The Grapes of Wrath

Nice, I didn't know you could build them either.
    Only 511 ft lbs of Tq and only 1100 degrees EGT, damn, I need more fuel...

Comment

Alot more satisfying to build than an AR lego set. They require a few jigs and other specialty tools plus a shop press and a spot welder.
      "Then I’ll be all aroun’ in the dark. I’ll be ever’where—wherever you look. Wherever they’s a fight so hungry people can eat, I’ll be there. Wherever they’s a cop beatin’ up a guy, I’ll be there."-The Grapes of Wrath

Comment

Wait till you start assembling Garands, M1919a4s, and FN FALs. Thats when it really gets fun!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Kid View Post
          Wait till you start assembling Garands, M1919a4s, and FN FALs. Thats when it really gets fun!
          Never built one from parts, but I have worked over a few Garands that didn't shoot right and vastly improved them. The old guy that taught me was an armorer for the guard here for years, he had a way of making the op rods just right, he was neat to watch work.
          Only 511 ft lbs of Tq and only 1100 degrees EGT, damn, I need more fuel...

Comment

I hear you. Mainly have built the Fn fal and 1919a4 myself. Watched an old guard armorer build both my NM Garand and 14 for me. I had great fun searching his stock room for that perfect stock. I'll have to post some pictures when I get the time. I need to get back to match shooting but thats on hold till the youngins get older....... With any luck all of them will be good marksmen!

Comment

Dissent great looking AK btw!

Comment

Working...
              X