No announcement yet.

Rock Island Tactical M1911

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try it again with my coyote rifle. .223 caliber. Only rifle I have besides the savage trr-sr with the factory barrel on it.

Comment

And my .308 with a true bull barrel on it, not a varmint tapered barrel only nobodies calls heavy/bull barrels. I could do this all night now if I opened up the vaults and started taking them out! Again unlike most I have the things I say I do. I either built them the way I wanted them or purchased the high end stuff.

Comment

I think often enough you get what you pay for in arms, so if you got the coin to drop on the good stuff....by all means....get it. That's quite a stash you got.
        sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

you haven't seen the good ones. those are just the one most used so I keep them out. I've got panda actions on the good ones!! if a rifle won't shoot 1/2 inch groups with hand loads after trueing the action, rebarreling and putting a jewell trigger on it, I give them new homes. I have sold several rifles people swear are the best rifle hey ever owned, but they didn't meet my standards at all. for long range rifles I will not use a common rifle action. I use stolle panda actions ( http://www.kelbly.com/actions-alumin...ass-panda.html ) and select match grade barrels. single shot actions are stiffer and lend themselves to long range shooting better.

Comment

Originally posted by gotta go jo View Post
            you haven't seen the good ones. those are just the one most used so I keep them out. I've got panda actions on the good ones!! if a rifle won't shoot 1/2 inch groups with hand loads after trueing the action, rebarreling and putting a jewell trigger on it, I give them new homes. I have sold several rifles people swear are the best rifle hey ever owned, but they didn't meet my standards at all. for long range rifles I will not use a common rifle action. I use stolle panda actions ( http://www.kelbly.com/actions-alumin...ass-panda.html ) and select match grade barrels. single shot actions are stiffer and lend themselves to long range shooting better.
            So now you need to post targets and show some groups or you'll be called a liar again!

TXCOMT

Comment

In the Army I only had to qualify at 300 yards or so...that's been my standard, though it's nice to be able to hit farther out, especially as I get old. I don't use optics, though the day will have to come I reckon.
              sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Originally posted by txcomt View Post

So now you need to post targets and show some groups or you'll be called a liar again!

TXCOMT
                these are about the only groups I have down loaded because I just shoot groups to test ammo lots on rimfire fires or to test hand loads in centerfire. I shoot in score matches. anybody can sit down and put 5 shots into the same hole with the custom match rifles we use. it takes skill to read the wind and put 1 round in each bull on a scored card.

Comment

this is the rifle used to shoot those groups. it is a 10/22 with a kidd bolt, kidd charging handle and spring kit. kidd trigger and a fedderson barrel. it is not a match rifle by any means. we use them here at home for family fun day. the dates on the pictures are no place near right. I haven't figured that out yet either. my old lady buys cameras and nobody sets the date on them.

Comment

when testing lots of eley ammo in the hall or Suhl actioned rifles you throw out anything that measures over .250 grease ring to grease ring at 50 yards. all those groups are 5-10 shot groups. all the groups were shot by the hall actioned rifle in the picture. I can test lots at home. I have to go to the range for centerfire. I do not have any targets from them, but the centerfire match rifles measure the same way. if it is a 6mm bullet any group outside edge to out side edge of .300 at 100 yards means that power charge must be tuned up or down. we look to get in the .2 average group size. if it is bigger we keep tuning. hunting rifles just have to be 1/2 center to center for me. I do tend to be anal about rifles. if a hunting rifle won't produce 1/2 center to center groups I rebarrel it. if it still doesn't I sale it and start over. rebarreling is always the last thing I try. glass bedding is first. trigger second, trueing the action is third then a new barrel. by time I finish a rifle I plan to keep they are nice. I have a custom stock builder I use in Arizona for restocking. I have a babinga wood blank there now for a .243 hunting rifle of mine.
                    Last edited by gotta go jo; 05-13-2016, 07:15 AM.

Comment

For center fires I use a custom made joy stick top front rest for center fire rifles. I use a bunny ear rear bag and normally shoot them free recoil. When I get up into hard kickers I forget free recoil and shoulder them like normal.

Comment

a couple questions...
                        ​what is your address?
                        do you have an alarm?
                        do you own a safe?
                        Je ne suis pas Charlie; Je suis armé!

Comment

Working...
                        X