Bought a new peashooter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a new peashooter

Remington 700 BDL in 375 H&H with Redfield 4x scope and Burris mount.

I guess I thought my 338 Win Mag was not big enough..'
    Only 511 ft lbs of Tq and only 1100 degrees EGT, damn, I need more fuel...

pix? pleez?
    sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

If I read the date code right, 1975 vintage. It is missing the rear iron sight, he knocked off 50 bucks for that. Trigger is awesome, as one would expect from an older 700, sling is identical to the one on my 308, probably bought new with rifle. For 550 bucks, I am very happy.
      Attached Files

Comment

this is just cool....
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jetboater View Post
          this is just cool....
          Do you plan on handloaded or factory ammo?
          "Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves." - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreLVRR View Post
            Do you plan on handloaded or factory ammo?
            Handloads. The rounds I bought today are Prvi Partizan 300 gr rn, and I paid 41 dollars. One of my co-workers has one, he likes H4895 powder with the 270 gr BT. Gonna be fun to play with...

Comment

It appears I made an error, it is not a 700 bDL. It is missing the rear sight and front sight hood, and I need to have an appraisal done to confirm this, but I am 99% sure it is a Custom shop African Safari model. If thats true, wow what a score.

Funny thing is, the guy told me his buddy told him it was worth at least a grand, and he dismissed that as it was just an old gun.

Comment

shoot me the s/n
                Thick as Valve oil, Black, White, and Tuscan Red
                That's how thick the Railroadin' in my blood is!

Ich sehne mich wieder Meister der Iron Horse werden

Nothing about this is normal!

There is no place like 127.0.0.1

1/20/17

Comment

thats a pretty gun.
                  I see the "moron meter" pegged you! It never fails...EVER!

Comment

"pics?" we wanna see pics of your shoulder after you fired that bad mofo.
                    -sigpicLet's All Hunch!

Comment

Originally posted by Hog and Tow View Post
                      "pics?" we wanna see pics of your shoulder after you fired that bad mofo.
                      My personal opinion is my 338 kicks harder than the 375's I have fired. The recoil off that 338 win mag is so damn sharp and violent it just hurts. I do admit to admit, I wanna pop a cap from my 375, after all, it is nicknamed Holland and Hollands grand ole 375...

Comment

Working...
                      X