Gotta love Texas...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta love Texas...

Gotta love a place where you can contact a guy online, arrange to meet in a random parking lot, hand him a was of cash, and get a pistol in return.

Bought a barely used Sig P226 today... now I've got to find something to feed it.
    Last edited by TheAbrasiveOne; 01-24-2013, 02:21 PM.
    ][ ][ ][ %

Is that a 9mm or a 40?
    Only 511 ft lbs of Tq and only 1100 degrees EGT, damn, I need more fuel...

Comment

Originally posted by jetboater View Post
      Is that a 9mm or a 40?
      It can be anything you want it to be. I have 2 barrels for mine. A .40 and a .357
      "I HAVE MADE MY FINAL POST ON THIS FORUM. MY THANKS TO A FEW WHO HAVE BEEN VERY HELPFULL, HOWEVER I AM NOT GOING TO WASTE MY VALUABLE REST, READING AND RESPONDING TO "US vs THEM" VITRIOLIC PEOPLE."

Comment

I am thinking of getting my 229 with a 357 sig barrel too.
        Only 511 ft lbs of Tq and only 1100 degrees EGT, damn, I need more fuel...

Comment

Originally posted by jetboater View Post
          Is that a 9mm or a 40?
          I bought it in 9mm
          Attached Files
          ][ ][ ][ %

Comment

It came with those Hogue aluminum grips, as well as the stock grips, and an assortment of hammer springs...
            ][ ][ ][ %

Comment

Originally posted by TheAbrasiveOne View Post
              Gotta love a place where you can contact a guy online, arrange to meet in a random parking lot, hand him a was of cash, and get a pistol in return.

Bought a barely used Sig P226 today... now I've got to find something to feed it.
              I don't love Texas for that. I love Texas for the Castle Doctrine where if some motherfucker hates you for your political beliefs or whatever & he tries to act out his frustrations in a violent manner on you because of something you said "online" you can kill his stupid ass deader than a hammer & be well within the confines of the law.
              Last edited by Hog and Tow; 02-28-2013, 07:12 PM.
              -sigpicLet's All Hunch!

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyseeandoh
                Virginia does not have the Castle Doctrine on the books, but no prosecutor has ever pursued charges against anyone when they were clearly defending themselves in their own homes or on their own property. Sometimes it takes a bit of investigation but when the evidence is clear, the investigation stops and is discarded.
                Nice thing about Texas' castle doctrine is that it extends to your vehicle. No permit required to carry a loaded pistol in your truck as long as it is hidden out of sight. Also, Texas has a law that says Uncle Pete cannot prohibit me from having a concealed weapon in my vehicle on company property.

Plus there is no laws on ammunition, so I can carry these little guys

Last edited by TheAbrasiveOne; 03-01-2013, 12:02 PM.
                ][ ][ ][ %

Comment

Originally posted by TheAbrasiveOne View Post
                  Nice thing about Texas' castle doctrine is that it extends to your vehicle. No permit required to carry a loaded pistol in your truck as long as it is hidden out of sight. Also, Texas has a law that says Uncle Pete cannot prohibit me from having a concealed weapon in my vehicle on company property.

Plus there is no laws on ammunition, so I can carry these little guys

yep. I carry in every one of my vehicles. I'm even thinking of putting one in my AFHT '84 Oldsmobile. I didn't know about the Texas law that allows you to have an arm in you vehicle on company property. I really never gave it much thought because I've been doing it for years. a lot of conductors I work with are packing on duty & I don't blame them. there are some dangerous critters out there but the most dangerous ones are humans.
                  -sigpicLet's All Hunch!

Comment

Originally posted by Hog and Tow View Post
                    yep. I carry in every one of my vehicles. I'm even thinking of putting one in my AFHT '84 Oldsmobile. I didn't know about the Texas law that allows you to have an arm in you vehicle on company property. I really never gave it much thought because I've been doing it for years. a lot of conductors I work with are packing on duty & I don't blame them. there are some dangerous critters out there but the most dangerous ones are humans.
                    Texas laws don't apply in other states... So check that out before you decide to do so...
                    ][ ][ ][ %

Comment

Working...
                    X