Ammo in short supply

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ammo in short supply

Everywhere I look empty shelves.....tomorrow I am going on a trek to little mom and pop gun shops, and I am going to haul away whatever I can find. What a mess.
    sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Sad, scary, stupid and a pain in the ass!

Comment

Don't look for it to get any better in the near future, I have already had my supply since 08 and now with 12 here I am topping off with reloading supplies

Comment

I agree with the stupid part. I know gun control is coming, but dammit there are places in Boise charging 49.99 for a 50 rnd box of 9mm ball ammo, and these dumbasses are paying it.

I am buying reloading supplies, prices are stable so far for them.
        Only 511 ft lbs of Tq and only 1100 degrees EGT, damn, I need more fuel...

Comment

Well, I got a nice box 9mm, 250 rounds, two 20's each of .380 and .223. I tell ya I may have to start stocking steel cartridge to get any decent supply! I mean it was pure carnage out there. The rifle racks were half empty, ammo picked over, I mean, really. I already have a goodly amount of 7.62x39 but I reckon if I see cheap stocks I better get more. I did see an ammo can of 5.56 tracers for 600 bux, and that's usually the cheap stuff, a bit over the cost of frangible training rounds...I'd take a case of those right now if I could get 'em.
          Last edited by jonnyseeandoh; 12-26-2012, 04:22 PM.
          sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

I was at the mom & pop store on Friday. They were pretty much out of all 5.56/.223 except the real high dollar stuff. They did have a few 50 ct boxes of reloads that were going for what the normal price of new rounds were. Someone asked if there were more .223 in the back. They said yes, there was one case and it never made it to the shelf. Three guys split it up and that was gone.

I was advised look around, if anyone has it you need to get some now. Especially if you need a magazine. buy now. it is only going to go up in price.

Brasspounder.

Comment

It's the latest "Stimulus Plan", and it appears to be working!

Comment

And somebody tell me why garden variety .30.30 costs so much????

Comment

I as told by my local store that they are having delivery issues because half the US is getting hammered by blizzards so they ain't getting their shipments on time.

I don't see any shortage on ammo nor any price spikes here. I still paid the same for my boxes.
                  "I HAVE MADE MY FINAL POST ON THIS FORUM. MY THANKS TO A FEW WHO HAVE BEEN VERY HELPFULL, HOWEVER I AM NOT GOING TO WASTE MY VALUABLE REST, READING AND RESPONDING TO "US vs THEM" VITRIOLIC PEOPLE."

Comment

I guess specific wants are regionalized but in my neck of the woods 5.56 and .223 are made of unobtainium. And fugeddabout a black rifle, there aren't any. You could order I guess, but I imagine slow shipping and factory backups would make you wait.

Comment

Buy components.
                      Only 511 ft lbs of Tq and only 1100 degrees EGT, damn, I need more fuel...

Comment

I thought about putting an AK together that way.

Comment

That was my idea but components are impossible to find right now. at least the important ones.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyseeandoh View Post
                            And somebody tell me why garden variety .30.30 costs so much????
                            Because there is a bill to increase the tax on ammo and reloading supplies by upto 100% going through the houses for the past couple months..

Comment

^ I have seen no such bill, especially not in the House.

Comment

Working...
                              X