454 Casull again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 454 Casull again

So, I found a listing for a 6" bbl Field Grade online, 1200 bucks. I emailed the dealer asking if it was still available, I see a bunch of field grade, but adjustable sights, for the 1400 range. This 6" also has smooth grips. I wish it was ported, we'll see if it is still available.
    Only 511 ft lbs of Tq and only 1100 degrees EGT, damn, I need more fuel...

Good luck. Mine is non ported and honestly not sure I'd want it ported, while recoil is kind of nasty with full powered loads I can deal with it and you can acclimate to them. If you reload it is a non issue anyway since you can tailor ammo to your needs and to practice with. With porting comes noise, something I'm none to fond of on a hunting gun and it also brings fouling all over the front sight where the ports are.

I suppose you could get it ported after you buy it if you feel the need.

Either way I don't think you'd regret buying one, especially if you have a cylinder made in .45ACP. Hell I've had fun hot rodding the .45ACP case, you can really push those cases pretty hard in a strong gun with tight chambers. For example if you were to say take a 255gr hard cast semi-wadcutter and then seat it over a charge of Power Pistol that is...um a grain or two beyond the max listed for a 230gr bullet; you get cases that still fall out of the chambers.

Comment

Working...
    X