Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA LTCF (License To Carry Firearms)

Well,
    On Wednesday, my wife finally went to the County Sheriff to apply for her LTCF. She was in and out in 20 minutes with License in hand! I was very surprised, years ago when I applied for mine, it took a week for approval. I give two thumbs up to the Sheriff and his Deputies for streamlining the process over the past several years.
    "Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves." - Confucius

It's been made easier in Virginia, though it still takes a few days if you've not had a gun safety course somewhere along the line. And you also have to go out and shoot a few rounds with an observer.
    sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyseeandoh View Post
      It's been made easier in Virginia, though it still takes a few days if you've not had a gun safety course somewhere along the line. And you also have to go out and shoot a few rounds with an observer.
      No training or live fire requirement in PA. As long as you pass NICS and the background check, good to go!

Actually, PA doesn't use NICS, we use PICS, PA State Police handle the checks.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreLVRR View Post
        No training or live fire requirement in PA. As long as you pass NICS and the background check, good to go!

Actually, PA doesn't use NICS, we use PICS, PA State Police handle the checks.
        I wonder if they did not change the rules/law to allow the use of iii for concealed carry permits and not a sent in request for records?
        All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BadOrderKing View Post
          I wonder if they did not change the rules/law to allow the use of iii for concealed carry permits and not a sent in request for records?
          PA does not issue a Concealed Carry Permit. It is a License to Carry Firearms. PICS is an instant background check through the State Police (mostly instant). Same record search as NICS.

Comment

Nebraska it takes an 8 hour class, live fire qualification course the up-to 30 days for a background through the state police and FBI. But we are licensed to carry in a bunch of states concealed and we are also given the option of taking Utah CC class and getting their companion license which gives us around 40 states we can carry concealed in. The only permit u get with a sheriff background check here is a license to purchase firearms without 5 day wait.

Comment

I love Virginia's instant background check. It goes pretty quick and if you buy fairly regualrly it goes even quicker. Or seems to.
              sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Wisconsin is easy as well. Took about 2 weeks to get my card in the mail.
                "I HAVE MADE MY FINAL POST ON THIS FORUM. MY THANKS TO A FEW WHO HAVE BEEN VERY HELPFULL, HOWEVER I AM NOT GOING TO WASTE MY VALUABLE REST, READING AND RESPONDING TO "US vs THEM" VITRIOLIC PEOPLE."

Comment

South Dakota is the best by far. $10.00 same day CCW issuance 10 mins to exact...
                  No classes. No BS. Lie on the app you go to prison... The initial Permit is actualy the very ap you completed just signed by the Sheriffs Secretary..

.South Dakota Secretary of State Jason Gant - Adminservices

Also absolutely no waiting to purchase Firearms within SD... If you pass NICS its yours...
                  Just as FYI there has been no significant increase in crime and Violent crime is almost no existent... it happens but evil cant be stopped if determined....

Wyoming is also good no CCW required period if you are state resident and dont need reciprical rights in another state. If you need reciprical rights its 79.00 and 90 days mandatory plus you need a class showing proficency. It can be a CCW class or a Hunters Education Card the later is far cheaper... plus you gotta submit prints to the FBI...

Comment

Texas is absurd...

Gotta take a 10 hour class, plus range qualification with .38 or larger, no revolvers. $140 plus class and ammo costs... add in a lane rental at a range if you're not taking the range course... after all of that, you might have your concealed carry license in about 60 days.
                    ][ ][ ][ %

Comment

You would think Texas would be among the easy crowd! Wonders may never cease!

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyseeandoh View Post
                        You would think Texas would be among the easy crowd! Wonders may never cease!
                        INORITE?!

On top of that, I can't even buy a pistol yet because I don't have a TxDL.

I don't have a TxDL because I forgot my birth certificate in my home state in a safe deposit box.

In texas, an out of state CDL is not enough to prove Date of Birth or that you're a legal resident of the US.

I love it here... but some of their laws certainly suck.
                        ][ ][ ][ %

Comment

IIRC, you cannot buy a handgun in any state unless you are a legal resident, with proof thereof.
                          Only 511 ft lbs of Tq and only 1100 degrees EGT, damn, I need more fuel...

Comment

Originally posted by jetboater View Post
                            IIRC, you cannot buy a handgun in any state unless you are a legal resident, with proof thereof.
                            I get that...

But when I was 14, I showed my Birth Certificate, and Social Security card to Iowa to get my original learners permit. Not sure why Texas wants to see it all again...

And I can prove legal residency without a state issued ID card.
                            ][ ][ ][ %

Comment

When I went to trade my Va DL for a Kentucky one...all
                              i had to do was fill out the form and turn in my Virginia one. When I got my Virginia one back I had to show something with my address on it, like a phone bill.

Comment

Working...
                              X