Springfield XDs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springfield XDs

Anyone have one or have shot one? I have heard good things about this gun and just wondering what the YL crew thinks.

I've got an XD-9 subcompact... love that little guy! It's easy to break down and clean, and I've never had any trouble with feeding even when using ammo of questionable quality.

Comment

XD9 Sub compact and XDm .40 Compact. I wouldn't trade either for anything!
      "Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves." - Confucius

Comment

Yup got one....think I made thread about it. Actually mine has a 4 inch barrel, but still a terrific keeper.
        sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Got a full size 45. Love it and it even comes with holster, lock box, cleaning equipment and 2 spare mags. Shoots an excellent grouping whether with practice ammo or carry ammo. Hardly any muzzle jump with the full size and put it on my belt in the middle of my back with an untucked shirt...covered. Excellent weapon!!
          One should never leave home without a good pair of Handcuffs!

Comment

Carry a XD-9 Subcompact and like it. Beats the piss out of the Glocks I've had and never had one issue. Several buddies have them.
            I'm looking hard the the XD-S series, single stack, better to carry I hear.
            I see the "moron meter" pegged you! It never fails...EVER!

Comment

I've got one on my wish list.

Comment

Originally posted by TinLizard View Post
                I've got one on my wish list.
                Your wish should be coming true soon, they are not too spendy at all.
                sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyseeandoh View Post
                  Your wish should be coming true soon, they are not too spendy at all.
                  Seems the basic kit is now going for $400. Cheaper than used refurb glocks.

With the XD-M and now the XD-S release, they will probably drop below $400.
                  I paid $525 for mine when it first came out several years back.

A buddy killed his barrel in his the other day, had a squib and I mean a BAD squib.
                  I see the "moron meter" pegged you! It never fails...EVER!

Comment

Originally posted by throttle View Post
                    Seems the basic kit is now going for $400. Cheaper than used refurb glocks.

With the XD-M and now the XD-S release, they will probably drop below $400.
                    I paid $525 for mine when it first came out several years back.

A buddy killed his barrel in his the other day, had a squib and I mean a BAD squib.
                    Handload?
                    Only 511 ft lbs of Tq and only 1100 degrees EGT, damn, I need more fuel...

Comment

I had an XD 45 and like it so well I bought another so I have twins

Comment

My brother just got home from New orleans area working Isaac, he said never again will he go to a storm area without a gun. He really likes Kimbers, but I told him unless he buys an older one, buy a XD-45 and be happy.
                        Only 511 ft lbs of Tq and only 1100 degrees EGT, damn, I need more fuel...

Comment

Well the XDS subcompact is hard to find but just bought one off gunbroker. Probably paid about 80 too much but I wanted it.
                          Last edited by UnderProtected; 09-07-2012, 09:36 PM.

Comment

A thing I learned in the Army is that if I get a squib, I should hold my position for thirty seconfs. It may be cooking off and may get all the way out. You don't want the bolt open until you are reasonably sure that won't happen. Sometimes it hangs in the barrel, and that shouldn't ruin it, if a gunsmith can be found to tease it out. But then, ya won't know til ya get the lead out.

Comment

Got this pistol and the thing won't feed from the mag. Its jams back manual and after fired. Talked to a local gun dealer and told me that I might have found that mouse in a beer bottle.

Comment

Working...
                              X