AK12 vs. M4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AK12 vs. M4

The Mikhail Kalashnikov vs. Eugene Stoner debate goes on: AK-12: Is it all that?
    Last edited by blizzard07; 08-14-2012, 02:49 PM.

Well it looks spiffy enough! And yes I often rate weapons on looks unfortunately.
    sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Nothing beats an M14. Except an M2 Browning.
      Only 511 ft lbs of Tq and only 1100 degrees EGT, damn, I need more fuel...

Comment

AH, but what you pay for an M14......eleventeen bags of groceries. Enough gasoline to blow up most my neighborhood.....A Mini 30 is quite good for a Garand and way cheaper.
        sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Originally posted by jetboater View Post
          Nothing beats an M14. Except an M2 Browning.
          Normally I would agree but the most fun I've ever had was firing one of these:

If you don't know what it is click on the photo.
          sigpic
          You can sleep with a blonde,
          you can sleep with a brunette,
          but you'll never get any sleep with a redhead!

Comment

I wonder what a crate of ammo for that beast costs?

Comment

Those high flying geese don't stand a chance.
              sigpic
              You can sleep with a blonde,
              you can sleep with a brunette,
              but you'll never get any sleep with a redhead!

Comment

So if you really want a refined and accurate AK type operating system rifle why not just buy a Galil, Valmet, or the excellent SIG 552/556? What does this AK-12 offer that doesn't already exist on the market? Nothing.

Comment

Speaking of a Sig, check out the 716.

Comment

Oh I have. I'd love to have one, then again I'd love to have a lot of things but reality dictates that I have to prioritize and the SIG 716 isn't a priority right now.

Hell I just spent more of my gun money on upgrades to an existing gun. Sent the Freedom Arms .454 in for a spare cylinder in .45ACP, an action honing/trigger job, and an over travel set screw. The gunsmith there, John, performed the work extremely quickly, like maybe one week turnaround. Really cool guy to talk to, he actually talked me out of messing around with putting a new barrel on even though they would have made money on it. He told me that as good as the current barrel shoots with both cylinders (it is extremely accurate with the original cylinder) that he wouldn't personally mess with it. I also had them send along a mount for the Trijicon RMR (Ruggedized Miniature Reflex). I amy go ahead and order the Trijicon RMR here in the next week or so, and get this gun worked up for some serious field/hunting use.

Comment

Gonna get me a Romanian AK if I can. Yugo, or Polish would be good too.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyseeandoh View Post
                        Gonna get me a Romanian AK if I can. Yugo, or Polish would be good too.
                        I remember years ago when they and SKS's were selling for under 100 bucks. Oh how I wish I had bought a truckload of them for that.

Comment

If this new AK12 is still as efficient and the previous AK family than this weapon will put the M-4/AR Platform to shame. We all know thew AK is battle proven for being highly efficient and battle hardened. The problems the AK has is the narrow sight radius between the front and rear sight posts, no stable place for a sight rail because the original dust cover has too much play in it to mount any weapon sight and the biggest problem the AK has is the charging handle is on the right side. In tactical shooting you dont want to take your trigger hand off the trigger and the only way that can be done with a standard AK is by bringing your hand under the weapon which puts your body in a odd twisted position losing your line of sight. With an ambidextrous charging handle now you can charge the rifle without losing your line of sight or taking your trigger hand off the weapon.
                          "Then I’ll be all aroun’ in the dark. I’ll be ever’where—wherever you look. Wherever they’s a fight so hungry people can eat, I’ll be there. Wherever they’s a cop beatin’ up a guy, I’ll be there."-The Grapes of Wrath

Comment

Plus the trigger sucks, plus the receiver is so flexible as to make any real accuracy impossible, plus the stock configuration makes a good cheek weld and therefore consistent sight alignment nearly impossible. Yeah what an "efficient" weapon system, I guess that is why combatants armed with AK's are almost always victorious over those using the AR platform. Oh wait, they're not. I carried around an M16A4 for one tour in ye' olde' Mesopotamia and never had any trouble with it, and unlike an AK it would put bullets where I needed them to go. Which is pretty handy when you really need those bullets to be where you want them to be.

Comment

Gonnna have to see if a laser could be mounted!

Comment

Working...
                              X