Bayonte/Sword

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bayonte/Sword

Just been working on finding out info about a rifle bayonet sword I have, closest I can find looks like WW!! Japanese, but the markings are in English...
    Attached Files

I will ask my friends at the Military History museum if they recognize it
    Only 511 ft lbs of Tq and only 1100 degrees EGT, damn, I need more fuel...

Comment

The blade sort of looks like the one on an SKS, but they are built in, yes? And anyway they wouldn't have English markings. Exactly what are these markings, what do they say? The mount suggests it is similar to a French Lebel, perhaps Lee-Enfield used this design at some point?
      Last edited by jonnyseeandoh; 12-28-2009, 03:12 PM.
      sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyseeandoh View Post
        The blade sort of looks like the one on an SKS, but they are built in, yes? And anyway they wouldn't have English markings. Exactly what are these markings, what do they say? The mount suggests it is similar to a French Lebel, perhaps Lee-Enfield used this design at some point?
        Kinda looks like an SKS but this blade has a point. ON top of the blade it has RF On the handle it has W7.36/93
        Attached Files

Comment

Google is clueless but it does resemble the Lebel in the mount area.
          sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Its all metal no wood on the handle...I have tried ebay, google kinda interesting. My mom picked it up at auction and gave it to me years ago, she always knew I liked toys.

Comment

Looks alot like the M1874 spike bayonet used by the English/French. However I think it is a French Model 1886 Lebel Bayonet known as the "pigsticker". It has 4 edges right?
              Last edited by Hansi; 12-28-2009, 07:52 PM. Reason: didn't finish
              "If you can't fix it with a hammer, then it must be electrical"

Comment

I bet so Hansi.....I thought it was a Lebel, and the further description seals it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hansi View Post
                  Looks alot like the M1874 spike bayonet used by the English/French. However I think it is a French Model 1886 Lebel Bayonet known as the "pigsticker". It has 4 edges right?
                  yes 4 edges. yup looked it up and thats the one..
                  Last edited by ghostrider; 12-29-2009, 11:04 AM.

Comment

I believe the 4 edged spike was known as what is called a "cruciform" blade. I have seen them sell in the $80 -$100 range.
                    "If you can't fix it with a hammer, then it must be electrical"

Comment

Wouldn't it be cool to have an 8mm Lebel to put that thing on!

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyseeandoh View Post
                        Wouldn't it be cool to have an 8mm Lebel to put that thing on!
                        would love it.......

Comment

Now I'm in the hunt for the Lebel

Comment

Working...
                          X