Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupla Questions

Gentlemen:

1. Under the user name there is a little blurb describing the "kind" of member the user is; a while ago it was a "user defined" feature, is it still? If so, where do you go to edit that entry?

2. OK, now, you have read a thread, and in your head you have composed a "brilliant" response; you type your response and post it, and poof through the magic of the internet your post appears on line, for all to see. Now, having viewed it in the cold light of day, or LED or CRT you realize that your post is really [trite] terrific, if not downright [moronic] worthy of the Nobel Prize for Literature. Can you salvage your public image by deleting the post? Or, failing that, can you edit the post down to just a blank white square, or other wise cover your external sitting area?

Last edited by F Lloyd; 03-26-2009, 01:12 PM. Reason: System Familiarization

Hope this helps.

1. top of screen, click "User CP", then on left side click, "Edit Details", should be just down the screen.<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD></TD><TD> </TD><TD width="100%">YardLimits.com > User Control Panel </TD></TR><TR><TD class=navbar style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; PADDING-TOP: 1px" colSpan=3> Edit Your Details </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2. Looking at your "moronic" post. (your words, not mine..lol), click "edit", then click "delete"...or just edit it to be a little less "moronic"
    All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

Follow-up

Originally posted by BadOrderKing View Post
      1. top of screen, click "User CP", then on left side click, "Edit Details", should be just down the screen.<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD></TD><TD> </TD><TD width="100%">YardLimits.com > User Control Panel </TD></TR><TR><TD class=navbar style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; PADDING-TOP: 1px" colSpan=3> Edit Your Details </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

BOK, I'd like to thank you for your response. In my defense, I want to say that I did this (go to edit profile) before I posted the above question... and after you responded to my post I went back there, I still can't find a way to change the title "Junior Member"; so, I kinda wonder if this is a feature that is only available to users who have a paid membership; or is it so blantently obvious that I tripped over it.

Whew, lot of effort over what is basically ego gratification. I should be happy with being a Junior Member and just carry on.

Thanks again for your time.

2. Looking at your "moronic" post. (your words, not mine..lol), click "edit", then click "delete"...or just edit it to be a little less "moronic"
      Oops, I got so used to seeing those 3 little red "buttons" that routinely pop up beneath a post, that I didn't see the "edit" button that pops up only (apparently) for posts that the reader initiated. Thanks for the tip.
      Last edited by F Lloyd; 03-26-2009, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by F Lloyd View Post

Gentlemen:

1. Under the user name there is a little blurb describing the "kind" of member the user is; a while ago it was a "user defined" feature, is it still? If so, where do you go to edit that entry?

2. OK, now, you have read a thread, and in your head you have composed a "brilliant" response; you type your response and post it, and poof through the magic of the internet your post appears on line, for all to see. Now, having viewed it in the cold light of day, or LED or CRT you realize that your post is really [trite] terrific, if not downright [moronic] worthy of the Nobel Prize for Literature. Can you salvage your public image by deleting the post? Or, failing that, can you edit the post down to just a blank white square, or other wise cover your external sitting area?

I still feel like I'm reading a 1950's secret government document when I read your posts. You know anything about Area 51?

Comment

Working...
        X