Forum Activity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Activity

Just wondering. HOw did this website become so popular with the NS crowd more so than most of the other Class 1's combined with regard to posting and participation?
    sigpic"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
    ~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006

From reading the NS guy's posts, it appears they have more to vent about..... lol

Originally posted by TFB View Post
    Just wondering. HOw did this website become so popular with the NS crowd more so than most of the other Class 1's combined with regard to posting and participation?
    All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

A NS trainmaster probably got wind of it. He ran around and told everyone he seen, that if they came to this website he'd fire them. NS employee's being so very subordinate, ran to the website in droves.

Honestly I don't know. I know it was printed out and posted on boards on NS. I've also heard of guys making a copy from one terminal and posting it up in another. Anyways I believe that and word of mouth.

Comment

Because we're all happy campers on the other railroads and teh NS guys have the most to bitch about

Comment

Originally posted by TFB View Post
          There are pictures, and a do it yourself crayola section.
          Karl Marx - "FOR THE BUREAUCRAT, THE WORLD IS A MERE OBJECT TO BE MANIPULATED BY HIM"

Comment

Originally posted by Popeye View Post
            There are pictures, and a do it yourself crayola section.

Is this a Premium Member feature only?
            sigpic"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."

Comment

Originally posted by BadOrderKing View Post
              From reading the NS guy's posts, it appears they have more to vent about..... lol
              Is this refering to ME? nsguy

Comment

HA HA

I did not even realize how that came out. How about all those "NS Fellas"? That better?

please dont let there be anyone named "NSFella" on here.

Originally posted by nsguy View Post
                Is this refering to ME? nsguy
                All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

This statement is true, I happened to notice at a particular terminal that the assistant supt. had printed off something off of yard limits and was posting it to other supervisors on the division. They "the supervisors", also get a kick out of reading whats posted, unfortunately, they also like to take notes about how were going to screw them, f**K this BS, etc. Its ok to vent, but sometimes you have to watch what you say. Like GOC says, do what the rulebook tells you.

Comment

Most NS Supervisors, including division superintendents, read what's posted on here. I wouldn't be surprised if the upper echelon reads it too.

Don't post anything on here that you wouldn't say in the yard office to the officer's face. You may be anonymous to start with but you won't be long. I guarantee they know who I am.

We on NS post on here the most because it's a good medium to exchange news rumors and information from one end of the system to the other. I was surprised it caught on as well as it did but it has. A lot of our Local websites have links to this site as well. going back to the old RailForum days.

Other than that I can't offer any reason as to why this site is so popular on our railroad.

GOC

Comment

Originally posted by GrumpyOldConductor View Post
                      Most NS Supervisors, including division superintendents, read what's posted on here. I wouldn't be surprised if the upper echelon reads it too.

Don't post anything on here that you wouldn't say in the yard office to the officer's face. You may be anonymous to start with but you won't be long. I guarantee they know who I am.

We on NS post on here the most because it's a good medium to exchange news rumors and information from one end of the system to the other. I was surprised it caught on as well as it did but it has. A lot of our Local websites have links to this site as well. going back to the old RailForum days.

Other than that I can't offer any reason as to why this site is so popular on our railroad.

GOC

So in essence you are saying it is one way to get your message to the top of the food chain if the in house line seems to be 'blocked'? If that is what you mean, not a bad mode. Would be interesting to know if NS is unique in this way or if most Class 1's upper management monitor this site on any kind of regular basis.

Comment

Working...
                      X