Live Topic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Topic

What is Live TOPIC? Click, box lights up, then what?
    NS should not require warm up exercises. We get enough exercise jumping to conclusions, flying off the handle, running down our bosses,knifing friends in the back, dodging responsibility and pushing our luck.

Originally posted by batman View Post
    What is Live TOPIC? Click, box lights up, then what?
    Hard to explain, but here goes.

Live Topic is a modification I added on. What it does is it keeps a topic 'live' as long as there are users actively posting on it. By 'Live' I mean that the topic will keep adding replies as they are typed in to a thread. If you are reading a thread and someone types a reply on a live topic, then it will appear on your screen without you having to refresh your browser.

When you see a 'Live Topic' icon next to a thread, it means that users are actively posting to that topic - at least within the last 300 seconds.

Here is a video demonstration:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5vWvHTj0Y8"]YouTube - vBulletin - Live Topic v1.06b (demo)[/ame]

Comment

love the "live topic" note. I just guessed it was an indicator that the thread was live with multiple posts. Did not know it went into instant post mode.
      Awesome!
      All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

Working...
      X