Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• our society

is saddly lacking when it comes to ...... death

I am thinking it would be a helpful thing to have a forum where it is discussed. I can recall where the subject was thought to be 'weird, morbid, certanly not comfortable'. Many urged us to seek 'counseling'. In every case that was NOT the answer. the most comfort proved to come from others who had 'lost' and those who loved us. one profound turning point came with a friend, pastor, coach saying 4 simple words:

"grief is not rational'.

the truth is ........the only person that will not be touched by grief, is the person who dies very young, or the one .........who never loves. very few will ever fit the last catagory, some knowledge of what is going to happen, the feelings, the process of grieving, ..well .....it is better to have some knowledge than to enter the process, blind.

in '91 God allowed me a profound lesson in grief......gave me miracles to let me know He was in it with me, and allowed me to learn the road. while the lesson was tough, it did prepare me for the road we were to be on after Jen's death. and likely saved my life. priorities change.

so folks, what do you say?

respectfully

jeannie
    live well ......laugh often.........Love much

shop local
    &
    buy American

never wrestle with a pig, you both get all dirty & the pig likes it

what's the old saying about "death & taxes?"...it still doesn't make it any easier. my sister in-law died last month in her sleep...here name was Jen too...36 years old....my brother had been married 3 times before, but he finally found the "right" one, or so he thought...I am worried about him now...the grief is killing him.
    -sigpicLet's All Hunch!

Comment

I had a parent pass when I was young so I find it hard to relate to people who are 60 and they still have a parent. To me they are so lucky but I only see my life and or death experiences. I guess if you believe in a higher power or not we all deal with loss differently. Now that I am 30 years out of High School I am seeing classmates dying.

Comment

I lost my dad when I was 8 and my mom when I was 41. I also find it hard to relate to people in their 50's and 60's with parents still alive.

HB
        "Never argue with an idiot; people watching might not be able to tell the difference".

Posts by Hornblower are merely opinions of Hornblower and are for entertainment only. Hornblower does not represent any railroad anywhere. Feel free to pass over any post that offends you.

Comment

I was 7 or so when my dad passed, and in my 30s when my mother passed. So I can relate to you as well. So I am on borrowed time. I may have already died and nobody told me! LOLOL

Comment

We are all food for worms. You will only live as long as those that remember you. A few will live forever, some might as well never been born.
            It's not difficult to surmise how we here feel about NS Officials; and my own proclivities are, well-known and often-lamented facts of union lore.-Alexander Supertramp
            sigpic
            Eventus stultorum magister.

Comment

Working...
            X