Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ideas for the forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ideas for the forum

    Zeb and Ghost,

    I am having a hell of time trying to pay my membership and make a donation. For some reason my bank who has both my credit and debit card, does not allow paypal transactions or paypal won't take my cards, one of the two.

    I read somewhere an idea about a t-shirt or some kind of product like that. My real passion (but doesn't pay the bills) is photography and graphic design. I have a studio and I also have a small t-shirt shop. I can design a t-shirt, and make them...all made right here in small town USA. I will volunteer my services and take no profit on the shirts if yall would like. I was also thinking about a YL calander or somthing. I could design and bind it. I thought about using some of the cool images that the members here have submitted. Let me know if I can do ANYTHING. The wealth of imformation I have gotten from this site has been priceless. The least I can do is offer my talents to help out.

  • #2
    Originally posted by woody916
    Zeb and Ghost,

    I am having a hell of time trying to pay my membership and make a donation. For some reason my bank who has both my credit and debit card, does not allow paypal transactions or paypal won't take my cards, one of the two.

    I read somewhere an idea about a t-shirt or some kind of product like that. My real passion (but doesn't pay the bills) is photography and graphic design. I have a studio and I also have a small t-shirt shop. I can design a t-shirt, and make them...all made right here in small town USA. I will volunteer my services and take no profit on the shirts if yall would like. I was also thinking about a YL calander or somthing. I could design and bind it. I thought about using some of the cool images that the members here have submitted. Let me know if I can do ANYTHING. The wealth of imformation I have gotten from this site has been priceless. The least I can do is offer my talents to help out.
    I love the idea. It is just the start up funds for the initial supplies.

    Now if you could come up with some kind of design for the shirts so we could post it here, maybe we could just make them by the order. This way no one has money tied up into it if no one buys em.

    I did have a funny thought the other day on the subject of fund raising calendars - the 'men (or women) of YardLimits'.:tongue3:

    We could start with Wolf for January posing nude at his computer - much like his avatar!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Zeb
      I love the idea. It is just the start up funds for the initial supplies.

      Now if you could come up with some kind of design for the shirts so we could post it here, maybe we could just make them by the order. This way no one has money tied up into it if no one buys em.

      I did have a funny thought the other day on the subject of fund raising calendars - the 'men (or women) of YardLimits'.:tongue3:

      We could start with Wolf for January posing nude at his computer - much like his avatar!
      LOL...Or we could make one themed, "The twelve personalities of Denver." That would be a huge hit, lol. I was planning on making them by the order. Start up costs on t-shirts would be nothing more than time. The calander can be done several different ways to keep initial starting costs down to nothing. We could make an interest list or somthing like that and once we have "x" amount of orders we can start fullfilling them.

      Comment


      • #4
        Wolf naked, thats just wrong, sorry Wolfie...
        Only 511 ft lbs of Tq and only 1100 degrees EGT, damn, I need more fuel...

        Comment


        • #5
          Sounds like a good idea to me. But we have to get by this year's fees before we start on next. I do like the idea of shirts and stuff.

          Comment


          • #6
            Woody, nice of you to volunteer to help with this project. As far as a logo or something to put on the shirts goes, I found these "blank drawings" of engines that could be "painted" in to a black & yellow YardLimits.com scheme by someone semi talented. (I'd check with the authors though these things seem to crop up all over the internet.)

            Website where I found the "blank drawings:"
            Paintshop.railfan.net

            The attached images show both 'the blanks" and what the "finished product" can look like so you & Zeb see what is possible. (However, I don't know if these are large enough for you to use in screen printing or for making a logo on a hat.)
            Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

            Comment


            • #7
              Another thought I had was wonder what each railroad's yard limit signs look like? Not the cheap ass "one size fits all signs" we have these days, but the old ones like the predecessor roads had that were unique to the character of those old roads. Perhaps a collage of those or pick a few of the more interesting ones & incorporate the " .com " in to them or on the garment some how?
              Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by nsrlink
                Another thought I had was wonder what each railroad's yard limit signs look like? Not the cheap ass "one size fits all signs" we have these days, but the old ones like the predecessor roads had that were unique to the character of those old roads. Perhaps a collage of those or pick a few of the more interesting ones & incorporate the " .com " in to them or on the garment some how?
                Thanks buddy for the ideas. I was thinking of a pocketed t-shirt with the Yardlimits.com graphic that zeb already has on the pocket and them some kind of larger graphic on the back. I will play around with these graphics and see what I can come up with.

                Comment


                • #9
                  woofie on the Jan. page........ LOL

                  mercy

                  (no offense woof, ......... and is this before pie or after?)
                  live well ......laugh often.........Love much

                  shop local
                  &
                  buy American



                  never wrestle with a pig, you both get all dirty & the pig likes it

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Wolf on the Jan. page??? eeeeeeewwwwww (sorry wolf) Maybe do a hottie talent search -nude of corse-for this project??Me and Miss Jeanie could be the judges?
                    I may not be king..But..ITS GOOD TO BE QUEEN

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I kinda had this in mind for January. But I forgot the railroad is full of Homo's or Hobo's or something like that!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Northern
                        I kinda had this in mind for January. But I forgot the railroad is full of Homo's or Hobo's or something like that!!
                        Daaaaaaaayum! That's HOT! Got any more of her? Hell, any chicks & trains are good in my book! Thanks for posting!
                        Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Lets make a T-shirt with that on it.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            No No No... Gotta be MALE hotties if me and Miss Jeanie are gonna judge!!
                            I may not be king..But..ITS GOOD TO BE QUEEN

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Northern
                              I kinda had this in mind for January. But I forgot the railroad is full of Homo's or Hobo's or something like that!!

                              reckon she's "walking the set?" :tongue3:
                              -sigpicLet's All Hunch!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X