No announcement yet.

CPU gauge is pegged at 100%

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try this program. I have used it for a while now and have used it to clean several of my friends computers. Matter of fact just today. It removed a very intrusive program called Antivirus 2010 that has been infecting peoples computers.

Malwarebytes.org
    There is something I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. it was weird, I... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow. That I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.

Comment

OK, but not right yet.

If I block scripts I can have a tab or two of YL open at once, more than that and I start to bog. That is better than before.

I noticed I can get the reply box without all the gobbledygook and actually post a reply with scripts blocked, but there is no ability to use a different font, color, italics, bold, underline, emoticons. But at least I can post.

I have noticed I cannot check PM's, the box doesn't even show a link when scripts are blocked.

Just wondering if Zeb got the vBulletin forum link I sent him. They're kinda wonky, geeky there, but they might be helpful if you can wade through the bs.

Comment

Originally posted by MuddyAxles
        If I block scripts I can have a tab or two of YL open at once, more than that and I start to bog. That is better than before.

I noticed I can get the reply box without all the gobbledygook and actually post a reply with scripts blocked, but there is no ability to use a different font, color, italics, bold, underline, emoticons. But at least I can post.

I have noticed I cannot check PM's, the box doesn't even show a link when scripts are blocked.

Just wondering if Zeb got the vBulletin forum link I sent him. They're kinda wonky, geeky there, but they might be helpful if you can wade through the bs.
        Hang tight. I am moving the website to a new server. It will be built back up from the ground. The forum with all past posts will be moved. But much of the other stuff will be added as we go.

If there are any scripts interfering with your browser, then we should see it as we gradually bring things back online. In the beginning, it will just be the basic forum. So you shouldn't have any problems with your cpu.

Comment

just a thought. I saw you said you used Trend Micro? I used to run that security system and after a while I began to have cpu usage issues and IE just shutting down on me for no reason. I had an IT guy tell me to remove it completely and try the AVG free edition. I removed trend and loaded AVG, ran the check and it pick over 50 different issues that Trend didn't pick up. Since then I have not had the other problems either.

Comment

I run AVG on vista and like it a lot. Scans once a day and doesn't seem to slow my beast down. PM me for more on the pro version.

Comment

Trend Micro?

Yes, I do. The elder son recommended it highly about 1.5-2 years ago. I finally got it about a year ago and was sooo glad to be rid of Norton 2007 which was ALWAYS busy doing something, consuming CPU.

T-M was good up until late last summer. I googled it and found there were issues of cpu hogging, but then some fixes came along and it was better for a while. I had almost forgotten that there were recognized issues and that it behaved so badly. T-M did recognize there were issues, or so some said, but refused to address the issues.

I wish I hadn't subscribed for two years...I have 11 months to go, but I am about to ditch it and try AVG, like I was advised to do so many times before (but you know, when the gut that bought the computer for ya, the gut that set it up for ya says he uses such and such and never used Norton, well, you listen, but I do believe T-M has changed...or not kept up somehow).

Comment

Originally posted by MuddyAxles View Post

Just curious what your CPU load is now. The forum has been freshly re-installed and should be pretty light and fast currently.

Comment

Hey Zeb

I'll post this here so all can see...I switced from Trend Micro to AVG free and have found cpu use has fallen at almost all times except when it updates or scans (normal).

Of course I don't know how much is due to the awesome changes, but I don't care. I had read that over the last year to year and a half that many former Trend Micro users became displeased with the performance. That was the problem with Norton 2007 as well.

I think they all are so up-to-date and modern that they forget we in the real world still use last year's (or several years before that) machines which will never be as fast as what can be bought today. So they write their programs without regard to how much power it uses.

Oh, I was going to mention: I have four IE 7 windows open, 3 Firefox, OE, and one trial Google Chrome and CPU use is at
                  9-14%. Hasn't been this quiet in Months unless NOTHING was open.
                  Thanks for all the hard work, Zeb. Your efforts have paid off again, imho.

Muddy
                  Last edited by MuddyAxles; 02-13-2009, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X