No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://files.yardlimits.com/avatars/avatars.html

Forum > Announcements > Website Questions, Changes, Problems, and Stats > Avatars

As a result of moving from the old software to the new software, many of you are no longer displaying a user avatar. This is because the image files that were in use have a different path hard coded to the image file on the new software. I've tried to re-upload the avatars in to the new software & database, but my Admin permissions don't allow that & our technical guru is on hiatus.

As a work-around, I've uploaded over 400 avatars to
    (This may be a slow page to load for some of you on slower / mobile connections, but I thought it was best to be able to browse through the choices all on one page.) You can choose an avatar for your profile from the new avatar gallery. Below are step by step instructions with screen captures for adding a user avatar. If you have any trouble, comments, or questions, please post in that this thread or feel free to send me a private message.

I'm sorry for the cumbersome work-around, but it's the best I can come up with at this time. I'd also like to apologize for the loss of the avatars & other glitches we continue to experience with the new version of the software. I hope you will all enjoy the multitude of expanded avatar choices; there should be something for most everyone to choose from.

Thank you for being a part of our online rail labor community,
    NSRLink

Instructions:
    To choose /change to a user avatar from our collection, click on

When you've found an avatar you'd like to use, right click on the avatar & choose "Save Image As" / "Save Picture As..."
    (This saves the image [locally] to the device you're using.)
    (Note where the image is saved to on your device.)
    Click any of the "Back to YardLimits.com Forums" links on the avatar page to come back to the forums.

Next, in the upper right corner of every page is your user name. Click on your user name & a drop down box will appear, click "My Profile."
    This will take you to your profile screen.

Mouse over the space where your avatar will appear. "Edit Avatar" will appear in this area, click "Edit Avatar."

Next, a new pop-up window will appear, allowing you to browse to the location where you saved the avatar you selected. Click "Browse"

Find the image file you chose & click it, then click open.

Your user avatar should now display on your profile & appear when you post in the forums.

*Please do not "hot-link" to the avatars; (please do not copy and paste the URL location of the images from the avatar gallery page to your profile.)
    (I'm unsure how long we will keep this temporary work-around & unsure if the URL may change in the future -rendering your avatar "missing" IF you "hot-link" to an avatar.)

If you want to upload your own custom avatar that is not on the avatar gallery page, please feel free to do so, the method is the same as described above.
    NOTE: avatars should be no larger than 200x200 pixels & the file size should be no larger than 100kb.

Last edited by nsrlink; 12-22-2015, 03:55 PM.
    Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.
Working...
X