Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Version of YardLimits: Questions Problems Comments etc.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AJLB View Post
    Where ndo you change the font?
    You can change it in the bottom left dropdown menu to "Default B5 Style" but it doesn't stick.

You can change it to that style/forum skin as a preference in your User Profile>Edit Settings>Account>Forum Skin - near the bottom of the page.
    ---

Comment

Originally posted by Xpress View Post

You can change it in the bottom left dropdown menu to "Default B5 Style" but it doesn't stick.

You can change it to that style/forum skin as a preference in your User Profile>Edit Settings>Account>Forum Skin - near the bottom of the page.

Mine stayed after clicking Default B5 Style

Comment

Not a fan of the new site either.

Comment

Originally posted by mrxtraboard View Post
          The new site is worthless
          Originally posted by brc0227 View Post
          Not a fan of the new site either.

Thank you for your constructive feedback.
          Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnEasley View Post
            Suggestions: Not all railroaders have excellent vision. Can anything be done about increasing the font size in the standard window?
            Originally posted by extra bored CO View Post
            yeah this font and size absolutely blows!!
            Originally posted by trainman51 View Post
            I second this. I find the font size a bit on the small side.
            Originally posted by locolady View Post
            I though it was the style at first, but the size is an issue for me also. And the gray color on my monitor doesn't help either. I'm using Firefox on a desktop monitor.
            Re: Font Size:

I agree the font size is kinda small. I'll put that on my "to do" list. First I need to find time to restore the avatars & smiles, then I'll try to work on that John. "We" only turned on two styles or templates in the interest of getting the site back online on the new servers as soon as possible, rather than taking more time to customize more templates / styles; "we" thought getting back online after being offline for over a month took precedence.

As Xpress correctly mentioned, try the other style for now & see if that's any "more readable." On any page, at the very bottom left, you should see a box with a drop down menu. (Most likely it says "-Grey Stripes" by default. Click that & try switching to "Default vB5 Style." Not perfect, but may help a little for now until we can work on a truly larger size font size in a style.
            Last edited by nsrlink; 10-13-2015, 01:51 PM.
            Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

Suggestion #2-Does anyone read News Feeds? Eliminate it and save some room.
              Originally posted by bonematt90 View Post
              Yep, ditch the news feeds.
              Originally posted by AllBlack View Post
              or at least put them in quarantine
              Originally posted by IseeFurloughedPeople View Post
              +1 on ditching news feeds. Or at least tone them down somehow.
              Originally posted by Xpress View Post
              Why not just put the user 'News Feeds' on your ignore list?
              I wish they weren't fed by Topix so that the link carried you directly to the story. But, there is a lot of industry news coming through there I wouldn't see any other way.
              Originally posted by Manteco View Post
              Hey, I like the news feed.

The News Feeds will remain & get posted to the News Bin. There is some content that comes across there that many people wouldn't otherwise see. There was a glitch where the News Feed aggregator was posting in the Tech Zone. My apologies. That has been corrected & those posts moved to the News Bin.

Xpress had a great idea, if you don't want to see the News Feeds, just add that username "News Feeds" to your ignore list. To do this, click on your own user name at the top right. From the drop down menu, click on "My Profile." Then click "Edit Settings" Click the "Account" tab. Scroll to the bottom of that page, then add "News Feeds" to that list. Be sure to click the "Save Changes" button at the bottom right of the Ignore List box.
              Last edited by nsrlink; 10-13-2015, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Lastly, will this be compatible with Tapatalk again?
                What about Tapatalk? Is there plans for the site to work with Tapatalk again or have y'all abandoned it?
                I think so, but it is down on my things to fix list. I'm really sorry about the amount of time we were down & that not everything is working as we had hoped right out of the gate. I hope you can all be a little patient with me as I work through the "to do" / "to fix list." I'm the interface between YardLimits & the tech guy, so I don't have all the keys to the kingdom & lack the ability / log in to certain things. But, we are both working to address some of the tings y'all have brought up.

Comment

Please don't forget putting Forum Runner on the same list with Tapatalk. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by NonSense View Post
                    Please don't forget putting Forum Runner on the same list with Tapatalk. Thanks.
                    Yes Sir, I should have mentioned that also in my previous post, Forum Runner will be "in the works," at the same time "we" tackle Tapatalk. Thanks for mentioning this.
                    (PS > Good to see you back on here, long time no see!)

Comment

Is there a place on the new site that displays the date and time of your last visit like the old site did? If not, it would be a helpful addition.

Comment

I can see you made that post at 9:42am...possibly my time.
                        sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Originally posted by rickster View Post
                          Is there a place on the new site that displays the date and time of your last visit like the old site did? If not, it would be a helpful addition.

Click on any poster's screen name (including your own) and scroll to the bottom of the profile. Last activity is bottom left.
                          ---

Comment

Originally posted by nsrlink View Post

I think so, but it is down on my things to fix list. I'm really sorry about the amount of time we were down & that not everything is working as we had hoped right out of the gate. I hope you can all be a little patient with me as I work through the "to do" / "to fix list." I'm the interface between YardLimits & the tech guy, so I don't have all the keys to the kingdom & lack the ability / log in to certain things. But, we are both working to address some of the tings y'all have brought up.
                            Understand, Link. I appreciate everyone's hard work on keeping this site up and running.

Comment

Understand, Link. I appreciate everyone's hard work on keeping this site up and running.
                              ^^^^^^^ This.

We are a hateful hard to please bunch, but please know we appreciate what you are doing, even if we don't express it directly all the time.

Rico
                              Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Comment

Thanks Link
                                "Never argue with an idiot; people watching might not be able to tell the difference".

Posts by Hornblower are merely opinions of Hornblower and are for entertainment only. Hornblower does not represent any railroad anywhere. Feel free to pass over any post that offends you.

Comment

Working...
                                X