No announcement yet.

no mozilla firefox?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest started a topic no mozilla firefox?

no mozilla firefox?

This maybe has been addressed already but I use to be able to run Mozilla on this site and for the last couple weeks can only use IE.

Will things be changing back so Mozilla and other operating programs can be used?

• jonnyseeandoh
    replied
    Back in the early days of the Mac computer they had programs that you could make run at startup called "inits." People would find so many that they liked that their poor old 8mhz mac would strain to get booted up, and then would be a dog when it finally did get it's boots on. Any OS these days can include startup items and the more there are the harder your OS has to work, and the same for your browser. I suppose if you just have to have so many extensions, you should turn off the ones you don't use all the time, and enable them only when you want to make use of them.

Leave a comment:

• Dogbearbyter
    replied
    Ok my son just to let you know to limit how many addons you put in. Like say one to two dozen. Much more than that, that way lays madness. Be aware that these addons are written and administered by individual programmers, so the quality can vary accordindly. And like any piece of software, Firefox can only chew through so much code at once. There are, of course, the essentials which you may know already. Oh, and get startup monitor by Mike Lin. You can control what starts up with Windoze when you install or add software. No matter how it tries to do it. And CCleaner too.

Leave a comment:

• jonnyseeandoh
    replied
    On my old Ibook G4, I use Camino, which uses the Mozilla code base, but is a browser written specifically for Mac OS. It's pretty zippy for this older laptop, but on my desktop Mac I use Firefox for Mac, and I also use FF on my Linux and Solaris boxes.

Leave a comment:

• BadOrderKing
    replied
    Originally posted by nsrlink View Post
    BOK, glad you're liking Firefox, it's my browser of choice since it came out. ...And all those add-ons are awesome. I don't have a lot but I have a few I can't live with out now.

Search / Browse around in the Tech Forum here, Mike Honcho had some good posts about useful add-ons, some of which I adopted too. (I'd do the searching for you & paste a link, but it's been a long day.)
    Ill do some digging around tomorrow. I just dont know what is useful until I need it.

Leave a comment:

• nsrlink
    replied
    Originally posted by BadOrderKing View Post
    Just started playing with the add-ons. Pretty cool stuff. Not sure what I will actually use and what will just be clutter, but it will be fun to play with it.

Hell, I just, in the past ten minutes, found out I had a snipping tool already on my computer. Neat. Not sure what I would use it for, but neat anyways.
    BOK, glad you're liking Firefox, it's my browser of choice since it came out. ...And all those add-ons are awesome. I don't have a lot but I have a few I can't live with out now.

Search / Browse around in the Tech Forum here, Mike Honcho had some good posts about useful add-ons, some of which I adopted too. (I'd do the searching for you & paste a link, but it's been a long day.)

Leave a comment:

• BadOrderKing
    replied
    Yeah, I think I like Firefox. Never really gave it much chance before. I thought Chrome was the greatest thing in the world a while back. Of course anything compared to IE is bound to make a impression.

I even tried IE again. I could feel myself grow older as the pages loaded.

Maybe it is just my computer, but so far Firefox is the most compatible.

See you in another six months to complain about this one too. LOL

Leave a comment:

• BadOrderKing
    replied
    I knew picking my own mushrooms from the yard to put on that pizza was a bad idea.

Leave a comment:

• jonnyseeandoh
    replied
    I want some of that kool aid you been drinking!

Leave a comment:

• BadOrderKing
    replied
    Back on Safari and using Wife's computer. Same thing. Johnny's giant lasers are a solid block of blue and Hog still has rocks hailing on his car. Hope he paid his insurance premium.

Leave a comment:

• jonnyseeandoh
    replied
    Originally posted by BadOrderKing View Post

Johnny's man on a cart looks like he is shooting giant blue lasers as he moves.
    Actually that laser is supposed to be invisible, it is how that little man is clearing crossings as he goes....just blast 'em away! It's a temporary glitch if you can see it, and I have reported it to the mechanical desk.

Leave a comment:

• BadOrderKing
    replied
    Back on Firefox.

All is normal again.

Leave a comment:

• BadOrderKing
    replied
    It just got worse.

The entire feilds of movement for both animations turn a solid color as it begins to move.

weird.

Leave a comment:

• BadOrderKing
    replied
    Originally posted by Hog&Tow View Post
    Firefox rocks
    So far, it is the only one that is not glitchy.

On Safari still.

Johnny's man on a cart looks like he is shooting giant blue lasers as he moves.

Hog, your avatar looks like it is hailing rocks as the car moves.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the weird warning I got earlier this morning?

Leave a comment:

• Hog and Tow
    replied
    Firefox rocks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X