X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Events?

What happened to the link to the forum? it's just gone

I wondered the same thing...
    Only 511 ft lbs of Tq and only 1100 degrees EGT, damn, I need more fuel...

Comment

If people wish to trash each other, the administrators decided it should be done in the free for all. If more people went there to vent, they wouldn't get referrals. Looks like it was moved back, and I hope some lessons where learned. I enjoy the current events forum, and I hope it is not taken away again.
      Karl Marx - "FOR THE BUREAUCRAT, THE WORLD IS A MERE OBJECT TO BE MANIPULATED BY HIM"

Comment

And just like that, it's gone again.

Comment

Zeb, don't you think it's fair that if this forum isn't allowed to discuss current events or the election that it shouldn't be another advertisement for Obama? That's kinda like.. umm... bad, isn't it?

You aren't allowed to discuss politics, but here, you vote for the person we have exalted onto the top of the forums. :squigglemouth:

Comment

Originally posted by Popeye
            I hope some lessons where learned. I enjoy the current events forum, and I hope it is not taken away again.
            obviously no lessons were learned.
            -sigpicLet's All Hunch!

Comment

Originally posted by I Am Weasel
              Zeb, don't you think it's fair that if this forum isn't allowed to discuss current events or the election that it shouldn't be another advertisement for Obama? That's kinda like.. umm... bad, isn't it?

You aren't allowed to discuss politics, but here, you vote for the person we have exalted onto the top of the forums. :squigglemouth:
              You all have the non-public free for all board to tear each other apart in. Since many couldn't be civil on the current events board, it has been taken down until after the election. This was done after lengthy discussions among the admins.

Comment

And it wasn't just Zebs idea we S. Mods were having a discussion on the options of with what to do with it before it got totally out of hand, so don't blame Zeb we all brought it to Zeb to make the command decision to cut political debates or move em to the free for all area. Zeb decided it was better to allow for the debate in the free for all and we all concurred that'd be better for the bashing er debating and the general public who really doesn't care doesn't have to wade through the BS..

Comment

I think we will also see who was just here to argue politics and had no intentions on discussing railroad related topics on any of the other boards.

I have nothing against political debate. I love it myself. But if that is one's primary motive for being here, then as I suggested before, there are much better political discussion websites for that than this rail labor website.

Comment

It's sad..

Another form of regualting our speech.

Do you know that the usa is one of the only countries left that allow free speech?

Everywhere eles is it regulated. No first amendment rights.

Now kinda like this site.

The rationale is...
                    Oh you were treating other badly... Like no. It wasn't bad. It was fine.

Oh were worried your not posting any place else on the site.. Like it is election time. ? That is the lamest excuse I've seen yet..
                    Where did it say when I signed up.. you must post in multiple areas of the forum discussion???/

Get real. The site is totally dead without the current events. I still visit daily but brother let me tell you.. it's a sad thing cencorship. How does that help the collective group?

It helps the social order of things but not higher cognitive performance.

We all want change in our country and government and how do we get that... by bringing together all of our views and pulling out what works and what doesn't.

Shutting down the current events is about censorship. This site is for Obama and the leaders at be, don't want any other info presented.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostrider
                      And it wasn't just Zebs idea we S. Mods were having a discussion on the options of with what to do with it before it got totally out of hand, so don't blame Zeb we all brought it to Zeb to make the command decision to cut political debates or move em to the free for all area. Zeb decided it was better to allow for the debate in the free for all and we all concurred that'd be better for the bashing er debating and the general public who really doesn't care doesn't have to wade through the BS..

Yeah several moderators for Obama. Ha pathetic whimps with no withall to debate ideas and current events.

The man can't stand the heat..

Comment

Way to go down swinging Mom.:bigsmile:
                        Karl Marx - "FOR THE BUREAUCRAT, THE WORLD IS A MERE OBJECT TO BE MANIPULATED BY HIM"

Comment

Hit em wit yo best shot Mom... I know it's not the same, but we still have the Free for
                          All!!!!
                          "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."
                          -Cicero, 55 BC

Comment

Originally posted by momster
                            It's sad..

Another form of regualting our speech.

Do you know that the usa is one of the only countries left that allow free speech?

Everywhere eles is it regulated. No first amendment rights.

Now kinda like this site.

The rationale is...
                            Oh you were treating other badly... Like no. It wasn't bad. It was fine.

Oh were worried your not posting any place else on the site.. Like it is election time. ? That is the lamest excuse I've seen yet..
                            Where did it say when I signed up.. you must post in multiple areas of the forum discussion???/

Get real. The site is totally dead without the current events. I still visit daily but brother let me tell you.. it's a sad thing cencorship. How does that help the collective group?

It helps the social order of things but not higher cognitive performance.

We all want change in our country and government and how do we get that... by bringing together all of our views and pulling out what works and what doesn't.

Shutting down the current events is about censorship. This site is for Obama and the leaders at be, don't want any other info presented.
                            I wouldn't come to you house and expect the freedom of speech rights so as to stir all kinds of bickering and infighting. Same goes for here.

What some seem to forget is that just because you get on the internet doesn't mean that you have the freedom and rights to do whatever you want - at least not on most websites that are owned and ran by others.

I have heard the cry about 'Freedom of Speech' rights before and I am sure I will again. It is usually brought up by people that want to shoot their mouths off unregulated on other peoples websites. We have always allowed it to a point. But that point has been reached for the current events board.

As we said before, if you wish to continue the divisive politics discussions, you are now directed to do it in the 'Free for All' board. That board is moderated less than the current events board or all the others. So feel free to debate to your hearts content in there. The board is not public and only viewable to those that decide they want to join that board. This way the rest of the public doesn't have to read the tripe unless they want too.

Comment

Originally posted by momster
                              Yeah several moderators for Obama. Ha pathetic whimps with no withall to debate ideas and current events.

The man can't stand the heat..
                              You really want to look the fool here???

I think you will really be surprised by the ones wanting the board gone until after election day and who didn't.

I think it is safe to say that most admins wanted something done about that board. One of the most vocal voices against closing it was one of the admins that is on the opposite side of the political fence as you three.

Comment

Working...
                              X