Mobile Version of Yardlimits.com?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Version of Yardlimits.com?

Hey Zeb do you have a mobile version of this site? Actually I mean when someone visits this site from a mobile phone can it detect and then optimize for mobile viewing?
    There is something I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. it was weird, I... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow. That I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.

It's not exactly optimized for mobile service, but it does display fairly well on mobile browsers. I surf the forum quite often from my cell phone using the Opera Mini browser. The site displays pretty well on Opera Mini with our current setup.

Comment

I did download a modification for the website that will be able to detect if you are on a mobile device and then change the forum style to display a skin that is very mobile friendly. This should allow for very easy browsing here when on a mobile device. I'll have it installed within the next day or so. I'll let you know here when it's done.

Comment

Thanks Zeb.
        There is something I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. it was weird, I... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow. That I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.

Comment

Archive & Cell Phone Browsing...

Thought I'd blow the dust off of this thread, rather than asking this in a whole new thread:

With all the updating going on, is there (still) a "text only" option for browsing with a cell phone? My new Verizon phone has internet capabilities, but it's not a really smart phone or PDA... I'm"stuck" with the web software they installed on it as far as I can tell.
          ....if so how to I get to the "mobile version?" ....the Archive?

Also, being the designated Chief Archivist, it appears maybe that's what the Archive may be at the bottom right... but it doesn't seem to update as often as the "full version," and the thread links are not in the same order as the "full version." Any comments or explanation as to what this Archive is supposed to be used for, how often it updates, and the order of the threads?

Thanks!
          Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

Your hard ass question is without merit and is declined. Press F5 to update.
            NS should not require warm up exercises. We get enough exercise jumping to conclusions, flying off the handle, running down our bosses,knifing friends in the back, dodging responsibility and pushing our luck.

Comment

i have an lg dare, which soon will be shit canned dont get one. and the website is horrible on it. the tan letters are not legible and for some reason on this phone i can log in but it wont keep me logged in and i have to click on my user name to get to new posts. i too was wondering if there was a mobile version. my old razor v9 rocked for getting on here mobile.
              --all postings by this poster are public information and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad-for their official position please see the particular carriers website

Comment

Originally posted by nsrlink View Post

Thought I'd blow the dust off of this thread, rather than asking this in a whole new thread:

With all the updating going on, is there (still) a "text only" option for browsing with a cell phone? My new Verizon phone has internet capabilities, but it's not a really smart phone or PDA... I'm"stuck" with the web software they installed on it as far as I can tell.
                ....if so how to I get to the "mobile version?" ....the Archive?

Also, being the designated Chief Archivist, it appears maybe that's what the Archive may be at the bottom right... but it doesn't seem to update as often as the "full version," and the thread links are not in the same order as the "full version." Any comments or explanation as to what this Archive is supposed to be used for, how often it updates, and the order of the threads?

Thanks!
                Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

Originally posted by nsrlink View Post
                  You can go to the website by using www.yardlimits.com/forum to skip the front section.

Another alternative is to use opera mini or opera mobile for your phone.

Honestly, you cannot create a multimedia/dynamic website for all web browsers. While there are browser standards, some are slow to adopt new advances in web programming. The vast majority of websites are designed to display well with IE or Firefox.
                  Last edited by Zeb; 05-19-2009, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gsxr1000mxz800 View Post
                    i have an lg dare, which soon will be shit canned dont get one. and the website is horrible on it. the tan letters are not legible and for some reason on this phone i can log in but it wont keep me logged in and i have to click on my user name to get to new posts. i too was wondering if there was a mobile version. my old razor v9 rocked for getting on here mobile.
                    My next phone upgrade is the Samsung Omnia HD which I believe VZW will get. I had not even thought about visiting here on mobile. Hmmmm......those moments sitting dead in the siding....
                    sigpic"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
                    ~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006

Comment

Working...
                    X