New Profile page option

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Profile page option

Added a little option for member profile pages.

Go to your 'User CP' -> 'Edit Options' and scroll down towards the bottom of the page, you will see a field titled 'My Music'. Here you can add a link to a mp3 file of your choice. It will then be added and play on your public profile page.

Members with 5 posts or more can use the User Upload section to upload their mp3 file and then use that link for your 'My Music' url.

You can view my profile page to see it in action

Cool, I like it!

On your profile, it shows the artist and title of the song in the little player. I can't get mine to do that. Any ideas?

Comment

I'm guessing here, but would it have anything to do with presence or absence of artist/title info in the MP3 file itself.

Comment

Originally posted by BC_Guy
        I'm guessing here, but would it have anything to do with presence or absence of artist/title info in the MP3 file itself.
        That was my first thought, but all tags were present and accounted for when I uploaded the song...

Comment

Originally posted by extrabored
          That was my first thought, but all tags were present and accounted for when I uploaded the song...
          Sounds like a tagging issue to me as well. Nothing different about the one I loaded. It might be the program you are using to tag the mp3 file isn't tagging it correctly or using an older tagging format.

I use MediaMonkey for my music library. Has one of the best auto tagging features I have seen.

Comment

Right under where you add the mp3's is now a place for you to add YouTube video to your profile now.

Myspace has nothing on us now. :bigsmile:

Comment

That dams Popeye the Sailor song scared the shit out of me when I first heard it at 3 a.m. Damn near woke up the ole lady, but I got it figured out now.
              Karl Marx - "FOR THE BUREAUCRAT, THE WORLD IS A MERE OBJECT TO BE MANIPULATED BY HIM"

Comment

You were jamming to popeye da sailor man I take it LMAO.

Comment

I wasn't jammin out, I jumped out of my chair. Scared the shit out of me. I'll bet whomever put it there is still laughing.
                  Karl Marx - "FOR THE BUREAUCRAT, THE WORLD IS A MERE OBJECT TO BE MANIPULATED BY HIM"

Comment

Originally posted by Popeye
                    I wasn't jammin out, I jumped out of my chair. Scared the shit out of me. I'll bet whomever put it there is still laughing.
                    :tongue3::tongue3::tongue3:

Comment

Never a doubt in my mind Northern. I'm sending you the bill for a new set of skivies, and another chair cushion.:bigsmile:

Comment

Did this go bye bye?

Comment

Originally posted by extrabored View Post
                          Did this go bye bye?
                          No. Still should have this option.

Comment

Well, I don't see it on my profile any more, nor do I see one on anyone else's. Is it just me? I still see the option to set a song in the User CP section but it doesn't actually come up on my profile for me any more.

Comment

Originally posted by extrabored
                              Well, I don't see it on my profile any more, nor do I see one on anyone else's. Is it just me? I still see the option to set a song in the User CP section but it doesn't actually come up on my profile for me any more.
                              I'll check into it when I get time. But I still see and can hear it on your profile.

Comment

Working...
                              X