Security Certificate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Certificate

Why is it that a get a security certificate warning from this site whenever I visit? Doesn't matter if it's PC or phone. My phone browser said it was something to do with a facebook tag or something. But only happens on this site.
    "If it's blue or makes transition... I don't want it."

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by me are mine and not that of Norfolk Southern Corp.

It says "An Online Rail Labor Community"

Never got one from here...seems odd. I'd say it might be your end, but if it happens on multiple devices...hmmmmm.
    sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

when the site was upgraded long ago Zeb had a ability for members to facebook link or whatever it was. Members didn't want it so he killed it. Perhaps there is something that your browser hits. I don't get anything like that. Maybe the master can chime in.
      I see the "moron meter" pegged you! It never fails...EVER!

Comment

It was a logon button that if you had Farcebook you could log in with your FB identity. Of course I reckon because most railroads actually read people FB pages, they don't want to be known here by that ID. I don't do FB myself.
        sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyseeandoh View Post
          It was a logon button that if you had Farcebook you could log in with your FB identity. Of course I reckon because most railroads actually read people FB pages, they don't want to be known here by that ID. I don't do FB myself.
          Ya, I don't recall the details, but I know he pulled it down (it was included in the upgrade) no ones info got put out, but enough people said they didn't care for it and he pulled it.
          I'm no tech guy, so don't listen to me.
          I see the "moron meter" pegged you! It never fails...EVER!

Comment

So, let me get this straight...

Zeb installed a plugin... And apparently didn't know how to uninstall it?

I think I'll leave that one alone...

Originally posted by Groundrelay View Post
            Why is it that a get a security certificate warning from this site whenever I visit? Doesn't matter if it's PC or phone. My phone browser said it was something to do with a facebook tag or something. But only happens on this site.
            My first thought is a nefarious script created some entries in your hosts file to intercept Facebook traffic... but I doubt that it would have been able to infect your computer AND your phone, unless it has something to do with a website that you have visited with both devices.

As big as Facebook is, when they have issues with their security certs, there is usually a dozen posts that hit my news feed about facebook being evil and another dozen indicating that zuckerburg is an idiot and doesn't know how to program a website.

It leads me to believe that there is something wrong with your computers or connection.
            ][ ][ ][ %

Comment

Originally posted by TheAbrasiveOne View Post
              As big as Facebook is, when they have issues with their security certs, there is usually a dozen posts that hit my news feed about facebook being evil and another dozen indicating that zuckerburg is an idiot and doesn't know how to program a website.
              Allow me:
              Facebook IS evil.
              Zuckerburg & company ARE idiots with an unsecure website.
              Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

Originally posted by nsrlink View Post
                Allow me:
                Facebook IS evil.
                Zuckerburg & company ARE idiots with an unsecure website.
                *yawn*

Facebook is unsecure? Do you have anything to validate that nonsense?

Don't get me wrong, there is tons of shit on Facebook that shouldn't be, but that has nothing to do with the site or the way it was programmed... it is all about the users and their own privacy settings.

Personally, FB is used to keep up with family that I might never otherwise talk to. My shit is all private, and my employer is NOT listed.

Facebook security is simple.
                Last edited by TheAbrasiveOne; 11-27-2012, 03:27 AM.
                ][ ][ ][ %

Comment

Working...
                X