Website Bells & Whistles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website Bells & Whistles

I tried to search through some of the different pages for an explination, but couldn't find any information:

With the introduction of the latest upgrade, some members have a silver "Member" bar under their tag line, some don't have any bar, some have a "Premium Member" (and obviously the Mods, Super Mods & Admins have their own colored bars,) my question is what is the color scheme & differences in member vs. Premium Member & why do some people not have a bard at all?

Part 2:
    This was also in the previous version, but what are the green squares that appear under the "Thanked _ Times in _ Posts" and how do I get more of them?

Zeb:
    Thanks for your work and continued upgrades to the website.
    Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Originally posted by nsrlink
    I tried to search through some of the different pages for an explination, but couldn't find any information:

With the introduction of the latest upgrade, some members have a silver "Member" bar under their tag line, some don't have any bar, some have a "Premium Member" (and obviously the Mods, Super Mods & Admins have their own colored bars,) my question is what is the color scheme & differences in member vs. Premium Member & why do some people not have a bard at all?

Part 2:
    This was also in the previous version, but what are the green squares that appear under the "Thanked _ Times in _ Posts" and how do I get more of them?

Zeb:
    Thanks for your work and continued upgrades to the website.
    The website members that don't have the member bar under their name just haven't logged in and made a post since that feature was added. Once they do, it automatically appears.

1 to 499 posts gets you the member bar

500 to 999 posts gets you the premium member bar and a few extra forum permissions

1000 + posts gets you the elite member bar and extra forum permissions

There is also a Donator member bar that is added to your existing forum bar for website members that donate to the website. Working on a special section within the website for that user group.

The green square are forum reputation. You can read more on it here - http://www.yardlimits.com/forums/faq...vb3_reputation

We have a new button on the lower right of every post. It is the 'Thanks' button. It is just a quick way of thanking a poster for a useful or helpful post. Just push it - no need to create a new post to thank them. If you found this post helpful, push the Thanks button and see how it works.

Comment

I also have finally opened back up the Jukebox. Once logged in, members can see it in the top navigation bar. I'll be adding many more albums.

Tons of emoticons (smilies) have been added to the posting editor and shout box.

Many new features in each members control panel (UserCP)

MP3 files can be streamed when included in a post as an attachment - see sample below.

Advance Forum Stats added at the bottom of the Forum index page.

Comment

Working great Zeb.
        Karl Marx - "FOR THE BUREAUCRAT, THE WORLD IS A MERE OBJECT TO BE MANIPULATED BY HIM"

Comment

I enable a Forum Rules modification. It restates the forum rules that are located in the announcement forum. Members will see it the next time they make a post or start a thread. After accepting it, it will not show up again - unless an admin has to remind an individual member(and then only that individual member will see the rules) or an addition is made to the forum rules.

All newly registered members will see it before making their first replying to a topic or starting their first thread.

Comment

Added a new field in members' profiles. It is a place where you can specify the railroad that you are employed by. Go to your UserCP and edit your details if you would like to specify which railroad you work at.

Comment

Good stuff.

Comment

Damn, we're uptown now!

Comment

Originally posted by random_rail
                  Damn, we're uptown now!

Just when ya get if figured out Zeb move us way up town ,:thrasher:

Comment

Thank you Zeb!

Zeb,
                    Your hard work and dedication is really appreciated. I enjoy the site every day and even though I've only been a member for a couple of months, the improvements you made are incredible. I have really enjoyed the contributions you and Jolt have made in the jukebox forum. I love it!
                    Thanks!

Comment

I have integrated YouTube into the website.

By going to YouTube on this site, you can search all the videos from YouTube, view them, and copy/paste the BBCode given with each video to display it with any forum post.

Comment

Now the creativity can flow. Kudos dude.
                        Karl Marx - "FOR THE BUREAUCRAT, THE WORLD IS A MERE OBJECT TO BE MANIPULATED BY HIM"

Comment

Of the many great improvements you've made, that one is very high on the appreciated list

Comment

Working...
                          X