How do I embed a video?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I embed a video?

Instead of posting a link to a video how do I embed a video from say YouTube or other sites? Every time I try it it just comes up as a line of code. I am doing some thing wrong.

Just as an example how would one embed this video?

TRAIN FAIL (WIN) THE REAL DEAL - YouTube

You used to just have to post a YouTube link and it display the whole video. The embedded code is hit and his for me. I haven't noticed a connection as to why.
    All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

To use the HTML embed code HTML code has to be allowed in the particular forum. At the bottom of the page under the "Posting Rules" you can find the list of the various features allowed.

Posting Rules

You may post new threads
      You may post replies
      You may post attachments
      You may edit your posts

BB code is On
      Smilies are On
      [IMG] code is On
      HTML code is Off
      Trackbacks are On
      Pingbacks are On
      Refbacks are On
      sigpic

“The Marine Corps – When It Absolutely, Positively Has To Be Destroyed Overnight”

“...For he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother..."
      St. Crispen's Day Speech; William Shakespeare, HENRY V; circa 1599

Comment

hmm ok I never noticed that before.

If it was allowed is it as simple as posting the code copied from the source?

Or do you need to wrap in in a HTML tag? [HTML]code copied from source[HTML]

I really am a noob with this stuff.

Comment

A simple copy and paste of the embed code works if code is allowed. As I remember the utube embed code is javascript anyway, which AFAIK does not need and HTML tag.
          sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Working...
          X