Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U should just consider it a START! How many of us talk about someone as soon as they turn their backs or walk out of the yard office door. No wonder our unions are so weak nowadays! Have the guts to say it to their face and not on some web blog. We are all idiots for being here or on the rr to begin with!

Comment

Speak for yourself, I'm livin' the dream on here & at work.
      Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

you obviously F'ed up

move forward and forget about it.
        Only 511 ft lbs of Tq and only 1100 degrees EGT, damn, I need more fuel...

Comment

Rosie joined 12/2008. He has 42 post, 33 of them in 2009, 2 in 2010 and 3 in 2011. He posted in 4/2011 and got himself an infraction but did not come back for 9 months to discover his infraction. He appears to not understand when and why he got that infraction.

Comment

Originally posted by BadOrderKing View Post
            And yet we let you come back clean. Maybe that does make idiots of us all since you still prefer to insinuate another member is in idiot.
            I have a problem...

When somebody is being an absolute moron, and refuses to do anything other than the way they want to do it...

I have a strong desire to point out the fact that they're a moron... Or an "Idiot".
            ][ ][ ][ %

Comment

Originally posted by TheAbrasiveOne View Post
              I have a problem...

When somebody is being an absolute moron, and refuses to do anything other than the way they want to do it...

I have a strong desire to point out the fact that they're a moron... Or an "Idiot".
              "You" CAN (technically) do that.
              "We" might ban "you" or give you some type of warning / infraction for it though if / when we catch it.
              ...Or if the insulted sounds the "Report Post Alarm," we SMods are going to review the post and what lead up to that within the discussion.
              --We will give out PMs, warnings, infractions, bans --whatever is warranted-- but we don't take any pleasure in doing it.

Some people on here ride the short bus to work & those of us who have been here a while generally know who they are & don't give 2 cents about what they post (if that is the type of idiotic / moronic thing you're referring to??)

I'll offer to everyone, they can feel free to PM the moderator assigned to the particular forum or an SMod if they think something is out of line & needs to be addressed.

In my prospective as a Mod here, I think one of the harder things to do is trace back & assess blame or infractions or warnings when things get out of hand. It's relatively easy to assess blame to the member in a particular post where he outright unleashes upon another member. But, we try to review what took place in the discussion before the "meltdown." Maybe the guy was provoked? Maybe there were jabs traded before the "meltdown?" In those cases, we may also give a warning, an infraction, or a PM to "the other party" who received the bashing. Also, I think we all try to look at the context of the discussion or the tone of the thread if you will. Further, a person who has repeatedly demonstrated they can't discuss things with other members gets put in to a special class of their own, where by the infraction system isn't enough to attempt to correct their behavior. But that is another matter & not really germane to this discussion.

The thing is though, we have "the rules" that we as mods try to enforce best we can to have some "decorum in the forums." Do we always get it right? Heck no!! But when you're the captain(s) of the boat, sometimes you steer the ship right, sometimes you run it on the rocks (reference recent events in Italy,) ...but you do the best you can. (We just try not to "trip" or "get shoved in to" the lifeboats when the ship here runs aground!!)
              Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

Lets see....

"Burner" Was banned for vehement opposition to the RSIA 2008 and advising a mod that he was acting like an idiot.
                "TheOne" was banned for mentioning that "Burner" was banned.
                "Abrasive" was banned for a reason I haven't yet determined. I was banned for a week and during that week, somebody tore into me, unabated by site staff, so when I came back, I called him nothing more than a monkey (meaning animal, nothing racist as can be seen from the context of the post) and earned a permanent ban.
                I created another account to protest this, and I was told that none of my previous accounts would be unbanned and that I should create a new one.

I think I got an infraction as "Abrasive", but I don't recall ever recieving infractions before being banned any of the other times.

Somtimes this site is a great place to discuss things. Sometimes it is just a platform for people who are more important that me to pretend they're RR managers firing people for reasons they'll think of later.

Meh... I'm just waiting until I say something crossways of the wrong mod and get this account banned too... Then another proxy and another account
                Last edited by TheAbrasiveOne; 01-21-2012, 03:58 PM.
                ][ ][ ][ %

Comment

Well, I suggest that you secure that other proxy, as your current account is about to be obsolete. You did get one point right. This forum is a great place to discuss things. Your ill-informed observations of our moderating is just that, ill-informed and incorrect.
                  NS should not require warm up exercises. We get enough exercise jumping to conclusions, flying off the handle, running down our bosses,knifing friends in the back, dodging responsibility and pushing our luck.

Comment

Um, from here forward, we'll use this thread to focus on how the infraction / warning system works as an information thread. (That was the point all along.)

However, we've strayed from that. So, if anyone has a specific issue that needs to be addressed or you have a question about, PM a mod please.

Comment

Rosie....are you being a bad boy again??? am I gonna have to let Evan Williams calm you down? Infractions?? What's the world coming too?

Comment

Originally posted by bear2bear71 View Post
                        Rosie....are you being a bad boy again??? am I gonna have to let Evan Williams calm you down? Infractions?? What's the world coming too?
                        I would suggest Bulleit, it is much smoother than Evan Williams and not much more...
                        Only 511 ft lbs of Tq and only 1100 degrees EGT, damn, I need more fuel...

Comment

I don't think I have gotten an infrucktion yet. Do they hurt? Is it like alchahol in a cut? I need a spanking............. i was a naughty naughty boy..... hey Jet............. DETROIT!!!!!!!!!!
                          "There's a vacancy in your ass and my foot is looking for a room"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestRail
                            I don't think I have gotten an infrucktion yet. Do they hurt? Is it like alchahol in a cut? I need a spanking............. i was a naughty naughty boy..... hey Jet............. DETROIT!!!!!!!!!!
                            The pain really just depends in how sensitive you are.
                            All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BadOrderKing View Post
                              The pain really just depends in how sensitive you are.

interesting................
                              "There's a vacancy in your ass and my foot is looking for a room"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X