This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a infraction

Oh geeze, I got a infraction from a "super moderator" for nothing more than wishing a (i guess) a regulator moderator a better railroading experience when he gets back from his disciplinary actions of disrespecting railroad contractors.

How many infraction's are allowed until I am banned? Bet you a dollar to a doughnut this is my one and only.

I have three banned accounts and never recieved an infraction
    ][ ][ ][ %

Comment

Being banned is not a great concern for me, BUTTTTTT if you are going to be able to come to this forum and bash the company, which I surely have my share of gripes after 30 + years, then you can call a member out for repeated unprofessional behavior.

Comment

To answer the question as a mini mod....there are secrets we will never divulge...but If you can refrain from bashing actual people, most especially people on this very site, you can bash any other things you wish and will be nearly golden. Above all, respect your fellow posters...you are entitled to disagree, but, limit your rantings to the merits of the argument, and not the perceived personality traits of the person with whom you debate.
        sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Considering your infraction was from APRIL 18th of 2011, and the infraction expired......

I'm honestly not sure what this post is about. That or you just remembered or signed back in or something.

Ya, and I see why you got the infraction. Name calling a member here like that usually gets you one.
          I see the "moron meter" pegged you! It never fails...EVER!

Comment

I know Throttle, but it just today appeared on my account or in my inbox, however you want to look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyseeandoh View Post
              To answer the question as a mini mod....there are secrets we will never divulge...but If you can refrain from bashing actual people, most especially people on this very site, you can bash any other things you wish and will be nearly golden. Above all, respect your fellow posters...you are entitled to disagree, but, limit your rantings to the merits of the argument, and not the perceived personality traits of the person with whom you debate.
              Wow Johnny, that's a very accurate & succinct description of the methodology here. I'll be referring to your post on this in the future. Thanks Johnny's right, "we" don't typically have a problem with "bad mouthing" some idea or company. "We" say sometimes "you" gotta just agree to disagree; debate the idea or topic & NOT the person / member. Where "we" have a problem (and a violation of the Forum Rules,) is when a member is attacked / insulted. Some may wish to read the Website Announcements > YardLimits.com Forum Rules if they have questions on what is "OK" and what is not.
              Last edited by nsrlink; 01-21-2012, 09:08 AM.
              Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie View Post
                Oh geeze, I got a infraction from a "super moderator" for nothing more than wishing a (i guess) a regulator moderator a better railroading experience when he gets back from his disciplinary actions of disrespecting railroad contractors.

How many infraction's are allowed until I am banned? Bet you a dollar to a doughnut this is my one and only.

Wasn't me.
                I looked at your infraction you were issued on 4/18/2011 where you called another member of this site "an idiot." You should be able to see why you received it & you (hopefully) understand why you received one. Can't explain why you're supposedly just now seeing it show up in your inbox? Though it seems like you haven't posted or maybe logged in for some time OR just haven't looked in your inbox maybe? I dunno.

You've been here a while, so It should come as no surprise to you what I'm about to say: Use The Advanced Search Feature try keyword "infraction." That should yield at least these two useful threads which somewhat explain "infractions:"
                General Discussion > Okay just a small word about infractions
                General Discussion > kuckledragger banned? > Post #3

Now, if that is not enough explanation, you can always try Google, search for "VBulletin Infractions," which yields this result:
                VBulletin Online Manual > User Infractions

Last edited by nsrlink; 01-20-2012, 10:13 AM.
                Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

Finally, since this thread doesn't have anything to do with NS....
                  (yes, there are other Forums on here besides YardLimits.com > On Duty > Norfolk Southern Railway)
                  I think this thread is most suited for the Website Questions, Changes, Problems, and Stats Forum since this is a question about how the website (and not NS) works.

A re-direct from the NS Forum to its new home in the Website Questions, Changes, Problems, and Stats Forum will be active for 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by nsrlink View Post

I looked at your infraction you were issued on 4/18/2011 where you called another member of this site "an idiot."
                    We can't call an idiot an idiot?

Comment

Originally posted by Who8888 View Post

Better not call the sky blue either.
                      ][ ][ ][ %

Comment

Originally posted by TheAbrasiveOne View Post
                        I have three banned accounts and never recieved an infraction
                        Originally posted by TheAbrasiveOne View Post
                        Better not call the sky blue either.

And yet we let you come back clean. Maybe that does make idiots of us all since you still prefer to insinuate another member is in idiot.
                        All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Who8888 View Post

Like I said, wasn't me that issued it.
                          Seriously, I don't know if he was able to see the reason given for the infraction or the related post where it stemmed from since this was supposedly old & supposedly just popped in to his inbox today. Just trying to "help" explain it; I dunno.

Comment

I just don't want to get a myocardial "infraction"

Comment

We can't call an idiot an idiot because idiot is an obsolete psychiatric term....and while we might be obsolete....we are not psychiatrists, and so cannot officially determine who among is a bonafide idiot....we might all be, and if so...we'll just have to grin and bear it, and must not call each other that. Because dem are da rules.
                              sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Working...
                              X