Quotes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quotes

I've noticed for the last few days that when you Quote a post it is leaving out the forward slash so it doesn't end up displaying as a quote but as one mixed up post.
    There is something I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. it was weird, I... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow. That I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.

OK, Let's see

Originally posted by Mike Honcho View Post
    I've noticed for the last few days that when you Quote a post it is leaving out the forward slash so it doesn't end up displaying as a quote but as one mixed up post.

Worked OK for me.
    sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyseeandoh
      OK, Let's see

Worked OK for me.
      It doesn't do it every time. I just fixed one today and not of my own.
      There is something I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. it was weird, I... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow. That I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.

Comment

Looking into it. Offhand, it may be a user's browser glitch.
        NS should not require warm up exercises. We get enough exercise jumping to conclusions, flying off the handle, running down our bosses,knifing friends in the back, dodging responsibility and pushing our luck.

Comment

Latest version of Firefox...fully patched....mac os x lion also fully patched here.
          sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyseeandoh
            Latest version of Firefox...fully patched....mac os x lion also fully patched here.
            It's got nothing to do with browsers or OS. I've noticed from time to time other members who have quoted a post and the quotations are not working properly. I fixed at least three different members posts. It could possibly be that in their fervor to reply they screwed up the quotes and then submitted their post. I don't know but I've seen it at least 3x and manually fixed them myself.

Comment

I have managed in my haste to mess up formatting codes...but catch myself usually.

Comment

It's got nothing to do with browsers or OS. I've noticed from time to time other members who have quoted a post and the quotations are not working properly. I fixed at least three different members posts. It could possibly be that in their fervor to reply they screwed up the quotes and then submitted their post. I don't know but I've seen it at least 3x and manually fixed them myself.
                I fix those all the time (probably daily?) when I see a quote that wasn't "done right." I edit the post & put "Fixed [ / QUOTE ]" as the reason. (It makes it so much easier to read when the quote is properly done.) I assumed it was just generally the members / posters who didn't pay much attention to the formatting or view their post after hitting submit reply. I think if you'll look, most of the time it seems to be when the person doing the quoting deletes part of what they are quoting or replying to. They only want to reply to one sentence out of a paragraph & in deleting the unwanted text, the [ / QUOTE ] usually gets left out. That's my take on it anyway.

Reason you probably found / noticed three today was I been working outside around the house the past 2 days!
                Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

It gets really mixed up when the messed up quote is quoted again. Hard to tell who really said what.
                  All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

I always thought someone way hitting the hooch.

HB
                    "Never argue with an idiot; people watching might not be able to tell the difference".

Posts by Hornblower are merely opinions of Hornblower and are for entertainment only. Hornblower does not represent any railroad anywhere. Feel free to pass over any post that offends you.

Comment

Working...
                    X