Banned ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banned ?

I noticed he who drags knuckles was banned from the site. I'm sure your familiar with this member and his take on things. Just curious as to how someone can be banned from this site given that everyone is entitled to there own opinion.
    I know politics are a no,no but what are some other do's and dont's of the site.

Originally posted by cowcatcher View Post
    I know politics are a no,no but what are some other do's and dont's of the site.

YardLimits.com Forum Rules

CE Rules
    All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

Several people have over time gotten temporary bans so as to give them a chance to cool off. It's great to be knowledgeable and have lots of opinion, but it really takes a lot of effort to be diplomatic. Sometimes a little spell behind the woodshed works wonders that way.
      sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyseeandoh View Post
        Several people have over time gotten temporary bans so as to give them a chance to cool off. It's great to be knowledgeable and have lots of opinion, but it really takes a lot of effort to be diplomatic. Sometimes a little spell behind the woodshed works wonders that way.
        There are times I would like to buy that woodshed and lease out the space behind it....
        sigpic"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
        ~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006

Comment

When a person is banned you generally won't see what caused the ban because we delete the posts

Comment

Originally posted by ghostrider View Post
            When a person is banned you generally won't see what caused the ban because we delete the posts
            Unless of course you were subscribed to that thread, then you get the whole ugly sordid disaster....
            sigpic"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
            ~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006

Comment

I too have wondered how several posters that show as being banned seem to still be participating in discussions on various threads. I thought maybe they just had that as an avatar?
              Leaving a little taint on your breath!

Comment

Because the system was set up that determines the length of ban due to the infraction issued.

In 99.9% of all cases in which you see a person banned, that means they have gotten many warnings leading up to said ban. It takes a great big mistake to get banned right off the first time.

As was said, in most cases its just a cooling off period.
                I see the "moron meter" pegged you! It never fails...EVER!

Comment

One time I got so mad, I posted an inflammatory post and said it would be worth the ban... got my ban too. It was worth it.

The bans are usually temporary and are intended for cooling off... and it worked wonders for me. Don't fear the ban, respect it.
                  I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and to bid defiance to the laws of our country. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Celebrity mugshots for banned members?

I sorta like the idea of the moderators substituting a celebrity mugshot for a forum member's avatar when that forum member gets banned. The avatar would stay in place while the forum member is banned, and of course could not be removed by the forum member until they have served their sentence.

For example, an overly obnoxious, loud, and profanity-spewing banned member could be given Mel Gibson's avatar.

Here are a few more celebrity mug shot avatars for consideration...
                    Attached Files

Comment

That is so wrong in so many ways.
                      All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SD60 View Post
                        I sorta like the idea of the moderators substituting a celebrity mugshot for a forum member's avatar when that forum member gets banned. The avatar would stay in place while the forum member is banned, and of course could not be removed by the forum member until they have served their sentence.

For example, an overly obnoxious, loud, and profanity-spewing banned member could be given Mel Gibson's avatar.

Brilliant,Awesome,Hilarious,Lmaoff!irate:

Comment

Originally posted by SD60 View Post

Ha Ha that's great!!!!!!!!!
                          She offered her honor, so I honored her offer...so all night long I was on her and off her.

Comment

I call dibs on Busey's if I ever get banned!
                            Why so serious?

Comment

Would short members automatically be given Gary Coleman?
                              "A guy can't just sit around." Lawnchair Larry

Comment

Working...
                              X