Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Board

Hey Gang,
    We have had a few threads that discussed books here lately, as well as I've been PMing with a couple members talking about books. Any chance we could make a board fro book discussions?
    Thick as Valve oil, Black, White, and Tuscan Red
    That's how thick the Railroadin' in my blood is!

Ich sehne mich wieder Meister der Iron Horse werden

Nothing about this is normal!

There is no place like 127.0.0.1

1/20/17

Might that include discussion of ebooks? Where such is not available in print, I mean.
    sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyseeandoh View Post
      Might that include discussion of ebooks? Where such is not available in print, I mean.
      yes it would. By books I mean all books, eBooks, Paper Books, books not yet in print...

1/20/17

Comment

How about a book discussion thread in General we keep adding to?? There have been several threads within the General Forum dealing with books.
        Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

Mmmm...make it sticky so it doesn't sink when other matters are more pressing.
          sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

I do like those books you an listen to.

I prefer the ones you can watch, but they have yet to find a way to package a book worth of knowledge into a 2 hour movie.
            All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

You could set up a social group for the purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by nsrlink View Post
                How about a book discussion thread in General we keep adding to?? There have been several threads within the General Forum dealing with books.
                rlink, I like your idea the most. However to reiterate Jonny, please make it sticky, and can you combine the previous book threads as well?

1/20/17

Comment

Probably deserves its own forum, in the 'Off Duty' area. We'll discuss it and get back soon.
                  NS should not require warm up exercises. We get enough exercise jumping to conclusions, flying off the handle, running down our bosses,knifing friends in the back, dodging responsibility and pushing our luck.

Comment

Originally posted by batman View Post
                    Probably deserves its own forum, in the 'Off Duty' area. We'll discuss it and get back soon.
                    Thank you Batman!

1/20/17

Comment

Any updates on this? if nothing else can we get a book thread that is sticky? I have several new books, and would like to mention them. I will place these in a previous thread. However it would be nice to roll a Valkyrie thread into it as well.

1/20/17

Comment

Frank Calabrese Jr. Operation Family Secrets
                        Dr Michio Kaku, Physics of the Impossible

I read very little fiction. Reality is more improbable and what intrigues me most.

Comment

Sorry, it fell be the wayside. Will have to bring it up for a membership vote, after SMod approval. In the meantime, I'll make a stickie book thread in the General Discussion forum.
                          NS should not require warm up exercises. We get enough exercise jumping to conclusions, flying off the handle, running down our bosses,knifing friends in the back, dodging responsibility and pushing our luck.

Comment

Thank you bat! Oh what are the chances you could move the previous thread to the sticky?

1/20/17

Comment

e-books

While looking over Kim Komando's downloads section, this caught my eye. Its a book store for ebooks with a section for free books. I linked the Public Domain section.

Public Domain | Feedbooks
                              All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X