Slow response today 12-02-09

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow response today 12-02-09

Couldn't hardly get on the site this morning and after finally getting on response was super slow! Showin' 16 Mbps here and no problems gettin' around other sites on the net.

Hmm, you the second to say something....but I can't say my experience is similar.
    sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Oh it has to be said, any resources that YL is getting from third parties can slow YL down when all else is quite normal. If that third party has a hiccup, your loading of YL might stall waiting for the resource to either appear or time out. If you have the google toolbar and participate in pagerank, your browser will access google's api's and if they are sluggish.....there is one roadblock.
      sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Workin' good now, back to normal responses.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyseeandoh View Post
          Oh it has to be said, any resources that YL is getting from third parties can slow YL down when all else is quite normal. If that third party has a hiccup, your loading of YL might stall waiting for the resource to either appear or time out. If you have the google toolbar and participate in pagerank, your browser will access google's api's and if they are sluggish.....there is one roadblock.
          What do you mean? Like the news feeds?
          All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

Well, more like all the stuff that is deep linked like some people's avatars which instead of being cached on YL are just pointed to by a link and sucked off another server, like an embedded utube video is fetched from utube itself but viewed here. Also, facebook is referred to by this site and is accessed when you are first arriving, unless you have explicitly restricted it, with various browser extensions that are available. In short anything that appears on this site that doesn't live on Zeb's server, but has to be fetched from afar can slow access to this site if those extra pieces are slow in coming. If they don't come at all your browser will time out and go to the next instruction in the website code, but that may take some seconds. Whenever you see an empty placeholder, that was something that was supposed to be visible to you, but could not be gotten to.

Comment

Almost all that I put up reside on the server.

The Facebook Connect does use the Facebook api and could slow the load of the forum if you are not automatically logged in and Facebook is running slow.

If members post images or video that are linked in from other websites, then those items could be slow loading - but not the rest of the info being grabbed from our server.

Comment

Everything seem sto be working fine all day on this end.

Comment

I got up around 6AM EST and that was when I noticed it was responding very slow. It was fine by mid morning and has worked fine since. I posted the question in another forum because I didn't know if it was my computer, my provider, or if I wasn't holding my mouth right. Obviously it was a short time thing and not everyone experienced it.

HB
                  "Never argue with an idiot; people watching might not be able to tell the difference".

Posts by Hornblower are merely opinions of Hornblower and are for entertainment only. Hornblower does not represent any railroad anywhere. Feel free to pass over any post that offends you.

Comment

Working...
                  X