"open facebook?"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "open facebook?"

Why do I keep getting a box asking for permission for Y-L to open Facebook?

Keeps popping up...annoying.

I don't believe in facebook, they are insecure, and they cannot access my computer in any way. Blocked I tell yas.
    sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

facebook is great for staying in touch with family and friends. photo sharing is easy and the best.

The downside is facebook can be used against you as in case with a lady losing her benefits.

Canada: Woman loses benefits over Facebook photos | rgj.com | The Reno Gazette-Journal

Comment

I'm with Johnny: If some one wants to contact me, they can call me, email me or send me a f#cking letter in the mail.
        Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

Originally posted by nsrlink View Post
          I'm with Johnny: If some one wants to contact me, they can call me, email me or send me a f#cking letter in the mail.
          I am with ya!
          I am out on this interview!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpX8FqXe2CM"]YouTube- Chris Hansen REMIX[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by nsrlink View Post

ha.. like how often will that happen! almost never!

Comment

i call link on a daily basis!
              he sends me a letter at least once a week.
              we email non-stop.

so....in yo face momster!

Comment

Originally posted by momster View Post
                facebook is great for staying in touch with family and friends. photo sharing is easy and the best.

The downside is facebook can be used against you as in case with a lady losing her benefits.
                Facebook has a great deal more downsides as it is a haven for viruses, hackers, and others with probable criminal intent! I was on facebook for about a month and was continuously bombarded with viral links, of which are cloaked in innocent looking messages and when clicked, are not easy to get rid of! Several times my account was suspended due to significant viral activity over which I had no control.

I got off of facebook, as best I could, and deleted everything I could. And, once that facebook account is established there is no way to completly delete it. There is no customer service, no way to contact a facebook rep to either help with viral removal or deletion of account, just a bunch of FAQ's and links that don't help at all.

Comment

true story

i am against all those social network sites. i aint social.

had a good buddy call one night, and tell me about this chick that i JUST HAD TO SEE.

i argued with him about it, saying i aint signing up.

we agrue a while and i give in.

all i got was "hahahaha bitch, i got you to sign up".

never been back, and his payback is still coming. i will let furlough be the payback for now....

Comment

Originally posted by runout View Post
                    true story

i am against all those social network sites. i aint social.

had a good buddy call one night, and tell me about this chick that i JUST HAD TO SEE.

i argued with him about it, saying i aint signing up.

we agrue a while and i give in.

all i got was "hahahaha bitch, i got you to sign up".

never been back, and his payback is still coming. i will let furlough be the payback for now....
                    Here is an idea for what is called "antiquing". Basically, you wait til he is asleep, tap him on the shoulder to wake him up, and bamaroonie you hit in the face with talc or flour or whatever. If you want to be really evil, you smash an egg on his head, then you antique him.
                    More people need to find their firearm of choice and learn how to suck start it.

McChrystal for president in 2012

Comment

This is all very nice, but OFF-TOPIC !

I am serious when I asked the question.

I keep getting a security warning asking whether I should allow Yard Limits to open Facebook.

Why is that?

Every fifteen to sixty seconds it wants to know.

Is it a setting in the Internet Security maybe?

Comment

You should be able to disable scripting on a site by site basis. Personally I use Firefox browser which allows me to use the extension 'adblockplus' where I can selectively block specific things especially third party scripts, such as your nag window from facebook
                        sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Found the cure

I am forbidden from downloading IE 8 and using it. Firefox has been crashing more and more, plus the situation I mentioned.

Someone suggested Google Chrome. I tried it once before and didn't like it. Maybe it was too new, but now I really like it. It has been all I use for a few weeks now and my overall frustration level has fallen tremendously. I think it has crashed twice, but I had it pretty loaded down with opened tabs, like about 12 or 15 of 'em.

So, no more facebook pop-up. That is so nice.

Comment

Chrome has some real merit, it's gonna be the one to watch.

Comment

Using Chrome exclusively and not looking back. Opened Firefox the other day and it spent 15 minutes updating. Haven't opened IE6 in months.

Miss a few things, but darned few and Chrome is quite handy.

Don't have the "Open Facebook" issue anymore...pwhew!

Comment

Working...
                              X