X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many mods does one website need?

Seriously!?

Am I the only standard member here???

Every time I turn around theres another one!
    ][ ][ ][ %

Wouldn't need any, if everyone acted right.
    NS should not require warm up exercises. We get enough exercise jumping to conclusions, flying off the handle, running down our bosses,knifing friends in the back, dodging responsibility and pushing our luck.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOne View Post
      Seriously!?

Well evidently there aren't enough because we still have members that don't know how to act. Besides you don't like the forum you can always find another less moderated one.

Comment

And he cannot see the hidden ones........snicker snicker........
        sigpic"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
        ~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006

Comment

Originally posted by TFB View Post
          LOL but he can see by our names where it says moderator, guess we could just hide all the mods..

Comment

Originally posted by ghostrider View Post
            LOL but he can see by our names where it says moderator, guess we could just hide all the mods..
            Not all of us........................
            sigpic"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."

Comment

Seriously!?

well i was approached to be a mod as i posted alot of info and contracts on here and some of them felt that most, not all the time i walked the straight line. myself i am very leniant i what i mod. i may edit a posting that could get a guy fired if appears to be threatening. and i may edit names of people out of postings who have not made their names and id's known. and occasionally i may edit a foul word or two but i have been known to mess up and accidentally rant a few f words here and there and i am really trying to correct that. the mods are the ones who keep the spammers out as well as a few other things no one wants to see.
              --all postings by this poster are public information and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad-for their official position please see the particular carriers website

Comment

Are you trying to tell us something, TFB?

Seems to me that I remember.............................

Comment

Originally posted by rrbob View Post
                  Are you trying to tell us something, TFB?

Seems to me that I remember.............................

No, just tired and droning on at this hour and not quite sure why I am still awake...........

Comment

No, just tired and droning on at this hour and not quite sure why I am still awake...........
                    Well, I know why I'm still awake..........it's called BEER!

Comment

all in all, our mods do a great job on here. but there is that ONE guy.
                      -sigpicLet's All Hunch!

Comment

If the MOD possition were a paying job, Im sure they would only need three. Days, evenings and nights. However, since this is volunteer work, It takes quite a few.
                        All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

Seriously!?

Yes your right, this site prides itself on the Moderator police, for the most part a few on the NS site and I should say three of them, are alright, but for the most part, its like a popularity contest, they had no life and was picked on in school, now their the janitor with all the keys to every door of the school and walk like theirs a new sheriff in town. You work on the railroad and are use to profanity, some more than others, but yet when you express yourself in some expletives, then, whoa, stop the press, shut em down, the mod police are here deleting your comments. My advice to you before this post gets deleted is this, if you got something to say and want alot of thanks, become a moderator.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with being a Moderator, some of my best friends are Moderators.

Comment

I have not been on many forums, but the few I have looked at are heavily moderated. One was linked to through here. I noticed that half the people on the thread were banned from that forum.

I'd say, I might not agree with everything they say or do, they are a bit easy on ones here that would have a lifetime ban elsewhere.
                              All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X