Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moderator approval?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Moderator approval?

    What is this crap? I make a couple of posts, and they are not visible until they are approved? What a bunch or crap.
    "I HAVE MADE MY FINAL POST ON THIS FORUM. MY THANKS TO A FEW WHO HAVE BEEN VERY HELPFULL, HOWEVER I AM NOT GOING TO WASTE MY VALUABLE REST, READING AND RESPONDING TO "US vs THEM" VITRIOLIC PEOPLE."

  • #2
    Originally posted by JohnEasley View Post
    What is this crap? I make a couple of posts, and they are not visible until they are approved? What a bunch or crap.
    The whole current events board is set that way now.

    We want a current events board and we want it to be civil. We have had several get too carried away emotionally on that board. We have been flooded with members reporting posts from that board. Banning people is pretty harsh and we always try to avoid it. By doing it this way, it will eliminate all the reported posts from that board and should keep us from having to ban anyone or issue infractions and warnings on a constant basis.

    Comment


    • #3
      So if someone post something inappropriate, it just gets deleted and the poster does not get an infraction or warning?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by rrbob View Post
        So if someone post something inappropriate, it just gets deleted and the poster does not get an infraction or warning?

        We are hoping that they would get the hint when it doesn't get posted. But I suppose if they make a habit of it, they would earn a ban.

        Comment


        • #5
          Isn't this more work for the Mods than just responding to the "Reports"?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by rrbob View Post
            Isn't this more work for the Mods than just responding to the "Reports"?
            Yes it is, BUT we want to be fair and keep as many members active as we can. We also figure that while we keep them being modded in the current events we're hopping some people will learn. Believe it or not we're trying NOT to give people infractions and ban them. Yet we're trying to keep all boards open to, so if they'll get the message soon, but I can see there are some posts already not allowed there, there are some people still being reminded of where they're posting.

            Comment


            • #7
              boooooo!!!!
              --all postings by this poster are public information and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad-for their official position please see the particular carriers website

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ghostrider View Post
                Yes it is, BUT we want to be fair and keep as many members active as we can. We also figure that while we keep them being modded in the current events we're hopping some people will learn. Believe it or not we're trying NOT to give people infractions and ban them. Yet we're trying to keep all boards open to, so if they'll get the message soon, but I can see there are some posts already not allowed there, there are some people still being reminded of where they're posting.
                yep...the usual suspects. you guys have way more tolerance than I would. I think you'll probably find that some people never learn.
                -sigpicLet's All Hunch!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Zeb View Post
                  The whole current events board is set that way now.

                  We want a current events board and we want it to be civil. We have had several get too carried away emotionally on that board. We have been flooded with members reporting posts from that board. Banning people is pretty harsh and we always try to avoid it. By doing it this way, it will eliminate all the reported posts from that board and should keep us from having to ban anyone or issue infractions and warnings on a constant basis.
                  Are we permitted to have silly and fun posts in current events...

                  I noticed that nothing has been posted in current events all day..

                  Is this because no one was around to review or because the post submitted were not withing the standards set?

                  Do you reply back and let people know if their post was refused and why?

                  I tried to post one the other night and never heard anything back and it was never posted.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by momster View Post
                    Are we permitted to have silly and fun posts in current events...
                    If its a "current event". There are commedy sections, general section and so on.

                    I noticed that nothing has been posted in current events all day..
                    I don't see any posts that are even waiting to be posted.

                    Is this because no one was around to review or because the post submitted were not withing the standards set?
                    Very few don't get posted, some would be better being posted elswhere.

                    Do you reply back and let people know if their post was refused and why?
                    No, didn't see a reasonto respond back in my case.
                    I tried to post one the other night and never heard anything back and it was never posted.
                    There was only 2 of yours I have seen, 1 I told you I thought it would be better in free for all, the other was approved.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ghostrider View Post
                      If its a "current event". There are commedy sections, general section and so on.



                      I don't see any posts that are even waiting to be posted.



                      Very few don't get posted, some would be better being posted elswhere.



                      No, didn't see a reasonto respond back in my case.


                      There was only 2 of yours I have seen, 1 I told you I thought it would be better in free for all, the other was approved.

                      okay.. thx just curious. thx for all you all do! xo

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It was me that was trying for some way to keep the Current Events forum up and running.

                        First I thought a few weeks of the Current Events board closed would let some emotions calm down. That worked for about 2 or 3 days after I put it online.

                        Even with the new guidelines, we had people that just wouldn't follow them.

                        Then we had some that reported 2 or 3 posts a day that they took offense to that were not violations of the guidelines.

                        I figured putting all posts in a moderation bucket to wait for approval might help. But even at that our mods PM boxes filled up by a few wondering why their posts were not approved in short order. We cannot be online every minute of every day. So I guess this will not work either.

                        So it's back to railroading. As much as I wanted a Current Events board, it doesn't appear it is possible with some of the members here. Sorry to those that made the effort to keep that board civil. The board has been removed. I think we will be removing the Free For All board as well.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X