Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rrbob View Post
    Or you can select Default style and have blue
    I **HAD** that option selected & it was indeed a blue theme, (which was similar to the gold, but easier to read) and I liked that just fine. But sometime after (12) noon EDT on 5/13, that "Default" (blue) style is no longer an option.

ZEB>> That Default (blue) theme I liked ok, because the text in the reply to post box was black & the thread views & links were in black, with blue menu bars. I was going to use that theme, as I thought it might receive the new updates & features you mentioned in another post. I think the problem most are having is with the gold text (links, thread titles, & reply box text,) not so much the gold bars, buttons, & such.
    Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeb View Post
      I have been using the new theme for over a week now. I honestly cannot see why so many are complaining. The colors are lighter. But almost all text is in black - not gold. Text size can be adjusted by anybody from within their own browser to suit their needs. As someone said again recently, railroaders do not take change well at all.
      I did what you said about changng the font size on my web browser. It changed the fonts on ALL other websites I go to but NOT Yardlimits.

If stating your own opinion is considered bitching then yes I guess those of us that do not like or agree with the new color scheme are all bitching but you know what, we have the right to "bitch" so suck it up. Can't help it if some people are thin skinned. Zeb, I'm not talking about you. I have said before as many others have that we appreciate the work you do and have done so this will be my last post on this subject. I will stick to the NS forum and leave the bickering for the rest of you.
      "Question with boldness, hold to the truth, and speak without fear." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Div375 View Post
        I did what you said about changng the font size on my web browser. It changed the fonts on ALL other websites I go to but NOT Yardlimits.

If stating your own opinion is considered bitching then yes I guess those of us that do not like or agree with the new color scheme are all bitching but you know what, we have the right to "bitch" so suck it up. Can't help it if some people are thin skinned. Zeb, I'm not talking about you. I have said before as many others have that we appreciate the work you do and have done so this will be my last post on this subject. I will stick to the NS forum and leave the bickering for the rest of you.
        Don't know what browser you are using, but firefox changes the font size very easily here. From the firefox menu, go to 'view' and select 'Zoom'. Make sure that 'Zoom Text Only' is checked, and then Zoom in and Zoom out to get the size you want. Very simple.

Comment

I just paid another $175.00 to get the style done in blue to match the blue option of the new frontend. You will have the choice between this style and the blue one. The look of the two styles will be identical except for the color.

Comment

Where the money is being spent or will be spent.

Purchased thus far:

JomSocial Pro- Social Networking Component - cost $149
            JomComment Pro - Commenting System Component - cost $35
            MyBlog Pro - Blog System Component - cost $45
            Nice Talk Pro - Social Network Profile chat component - cost $35

Web Designer to rework forum template to match new frontend - <strike>275.00</strike>.
            Paid another $175.00 for second color template choice.
            Total cost for forum template redesign - $450.00

Seyret Pro - Full featured member video gallery component (allows for video conversion on upload) - cost $40

vBulletin License renewal until Aug 2010 - $40

Still to be purchased:

Web Developer to customize JomSocial Component - est cost $500
            Last edited by Zeb; 05-13-2009, 09:31 PM.

Comment

RICO....RICO.......over here and bring the .....
              sigpic"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
              ~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Zeb View Post
                Don't know what browser you are using, but firefox changes the font size very easily here. From the firefox menu, go to 'view' and select 'Zoom'. Make sure that 'Zoom Text Only' is checked, and then Zoom in and Zoom out to get the size you want. Very simple.
                I'm still using Internet Explorer. Does that make me technologically obselete? Went to Page in the upper right hand corner. Clicked text size. Clicked on "larger" because "largest" was just way too big on the other sites. Like I said, it seemed to make all other sites bigger but not this one. Like I said, that's okay cause I changed the colors back to the original scheme. Thanks for trying though.
                "Question with boldness, hold to the truth, and speak without fear." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Div375 View Post
                  I'm still using Internet Explorer. Does that make me technologically obselete? Went to Page in the upper right hand corner. Clicked text size. Clicked on "larger" because "largest" was just way too big on the other sites. Like I said, it seemed to make all other sites bigger but not this one. Like I said, that's okay cause I changed the colors back to the original scheme. Thanks for trying though.
                  "Control" and "+" zoomed in on this site for me. I use Explorer also.
                  All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BadOrderKing View Post
                    "Control" and "+" zoomed in on this site for me. I use Explorer also.
                    Sweet! Thanks! See, there is sooooo much that i still do not know about these computers. Thanks again B.O.K.

Comment

The new blue style is just about done. The designer must have been reading here as well. He has increased the font size for the optically challenged.

I think I did select a good designer for this project. He jumped right on the new blue style and churned it out today. He understood what I was going through.

Comment

Look again....theres no "red bar" option now....just default, yl # 1 & yl # 2
                        The carrier is fucking you...but you're helping them.

Comment

I did the same thing G...had the red bar, it worked like a charm, now its gone and I'm Golden again.
                          The carrier is fucking you...but you're helping them.

Comment

Originally posted by Max View Post
                            I did the same thing G...had the red bar, it worked like a charm, now its gone and I'm Golden again.
                            Okay here we go again, scroll down to bottom of page, see where it says yardlimits with that little arrow thing, click it so it'll scroll, hit yardlimits 2 for the blue.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostrider View Post
                              Okay here we go again, scroll down to bottom of page, see where it says yardlimits with that little arrow thing, click it so it'll scroll, hit yardlimits 2 for the blue.

Ghost, you will probably see all the styles while the rest will have the option between YardLimits and YardLimits 2. This is because you have admin rights.

The new blue style is loaded as YardLimits 2. It has larger fonts for those that have trouble reading the default font size.

Comment

I will be loading the new frontend tonight. Bookmark YardLimits.com - An Online Rail Labor Community to get to the forum while this process is going on. The Yardlimits.com link will not be working correctly while I load everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X