No announcement yet.

Website redesign and overhaul

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I am checking to see how much it will cost us to get the style done in blue - same layout, except where you see the gold, it would be blue.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostrider View Post
      I don't mind the new style but this gold.....
      Gotta agree with brother Ghost. The gold links & gold text that shows up as you type a reply are not easy to see. (I'm 33 & I have 20/20 with contacts.)

Royal blue / Navy blue for the text & links maybe (I'm "old school," I like my URL's blue, sorry.) I did like the Maroon menu bars & links as well though.

Edit / Addition: Allow me to add I can deal with the Gold buttons & menu bars, (though it wouldn't be my personal 1st choice,) but the text (entry) & links I'd like to see changed if possible.

Just my opinion.
      Last edited by nsrlink; 05-11-2009, 10:23 PM.
      Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

I like the new style but the deliniation between posts is too subtle I believe and needs to be more defined. Other than that, the gold is well, challenging.
        sigpic"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
        ~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Zeb View Post
          If you want to use the old style, you can change back to it from your CP by editing the options and selecting the RedBar style.
          Well I am checking to see how much it will cost us to get the style done in blue - same layout, except where you see the gold, it would be blue.
          Thanks buddy! While I did revert to the old Red style, I assume it's not an option to allow the users to customize their colors like on the user profile pages or choose from a couple of different skins / themes without adding mucho expense?
          Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

Originally posted by nsrlink View Post
            Thanks buddy! While I did revert to the old Red style, I assume it's not an option to allow the users to customize their colors like on the user profile pages or choose from a couple of different skins / themes without adding mucho expense?
            It will cost another $175 for the designer to customize this style in blue. The new front end has an option to be gold tones (like this) or blue.

As I said at the beginning of this thread - visit the test site and give me your opinions on the development. We don't have the budget to keep changing things after they are in place because some don't like the new style and have not been following the development to provide feedback.

Comment

I'm having problems seeing this, I've tried to change it with no avail, please help!!!

Comment

Hopefully you can all see this!!!
                1)USER CP
                2) Edit Options
                3)Scroll down to near bottom of page to Forum Skin
                4)hit the red and it returns to old style
                Last edited by ghostrider; 05-13-2009, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Or,scroll to the bottom of any page on YardLimits. In the bottom left corner is a drop down menu for "Quick Style Chooser". Options: Red Bar or the new one.
                  NS should not require warm up exercises. We get enough exercise jumping to conclusions, flying off the handle, running down our bosses,knifing friends in the back, dodging responsibility and pushing our luck.

Comment

Or you can select Default style and have blue

Comment

Its not really the gold color in general. For me, it is mainly the gold text. Its hard to see.
                      Just below this "reply to thread" box is a perfect example. The "submit reply" and "Preview Post" options appear so light they look like options that dont work.

As I said, the gold color shceme is cool, but is there no option to darken some of the font?
                      All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by batman View Post
                        Or,scroll to the bottom of any page on YardLimits. In the bottom left corner is a drop down menu for "Quick Style Chooser". Options: Red Bar or the new one.
                        OKAY this is way to simple, even easier than the way we have posted above. For those that can't read the simple measure heres the way to do this...go down to the bottom of the page, yup thats it, scroll down...It says Yardlimits on the bottom left of the page, ya thats it, right there is a little arrow, click that and you'll see the menu..click the red bar for the new one..

Comment

Originally posted by rrbob View Post
                          Or you can select Default style and have blue
                          Thats true, trying not to confuse em with to many options

Comment

There goes rrbob, yelling again.
                            NS should not require warm up exercises. We get enough exercise jumping to conclusions, flying off the handle, running down our bosses,knifing friends in the back, dodging responsibility and pushing our luck.

Comment

I have been using the new theme for over a week now. I honestly cannot see why so many are complaining. The colors are lighter. But almost all text is in black - not gold. Text size can be adjusted by anybody from within their own browser to suit their needs. As someone said again recently, railroaders do not take change well at all.

Comment

I have been using the new theme for over a week now. I honestly cannot see why so many are complaining. The colors are lighter. But almost all text is in black - not gold. Text size can be adjusted by anybody from within their own browser to suit their needs. As someone said again recently, railroaders do not take change well at all.
                                I also am using the new style. You know its just the nature of rails to bitch about anything to do with change.

Comment

Working...
                                X