Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Website redesign and overhaul

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Zeb View Post
    We will probably sale ad space on the front page and some of the other sections. Any revenue generated will go into the leasing of the server, any needed software or work done on the site, and a Fallen Brothers Fund that a few are working on to set up.

    All internal links will not open up a new window when the site is done and in place. It is only the test site that does that currently.
    Sounds good.
    All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Zeb View Post
      The forum is staying the same and not being moved. The only thing that will change with the forum is the style template (color scheme and layout) to match the new frontend.
      Thanks, I was starting to worry.
      It's not difficult to surmise how we here feel about NS Officials; and my own proclivities are, well-known and often-lamented facts of union lore.-Alexander Supertramp
      sigpic
      Eventus stultorum magister.

      Comment


      • #18
        I think what you are doing is awesome. When finished it will certainly be the "biggest" "baddest" and "bestest" Railroaders' site on the web. I am very excited to be a member of it even if I am not a Railroader by trade! Keep up the great work and thanks for letting me be just a little part.
        Steve Gordon
        Gordon, Elias & Seely, L.L.P.
        FELA Lawyer
        FELA Lawyer Blog
        Serving Injured Railroad Employees Nationwide
        Call for a FELA Lawyer 24/7/365
        800-773-6770

        Comment


        • #19
          I am currently receiving bids by designers to redesign the forum to match the new frontend design. So far, all bids are within our budget and hope to have the new design and system installed within 1 or 2 weeks.

          Comment


          • #20
            Okay, so can we have webcams located around the country like another site or will we just need to upload our own videos for amusement? Just imagine how many officers might join in then........: rolleyes:

            Nonetheless, looks great, sounds great, smell.....well....having a hard time with that. Any chance for smellavision?
            sigpic"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
            ~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by TFB View Post
              Okay, so can we have webcams located around the country like another site or will we just need to upload our own videos for amusement? Just imagine how many officers might join in then........: rolleyes:

              Nonetheless, looks great, sounds great, smell.....well....having a hard time with that. Any chance for smellavision?
              Would you really want 'smellavision' with HognTow on this site?

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Zeb View Post
                Would you really want 'smellavision' with HognTow on this site?

                Your probably right and I would guess that some might abuse it in a certain selected adult forum section......
                sigpic"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
                ~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Zeb View Post
                  Would you really want 'smellavision' with HognTow on this site?
                  Originally posted by TFB View Post
                  Your probably right and I would guess that some might abuse it in a certain selected adult forum section......
                  This thread is taking a dangerous and kinda weird turn!
                  All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Zeb View Post
                    Where the money is being spent or will be spent.


                    Purchased thus far:

                    JomSocial Pro- Social Networking Component - cost $149
                    JomComment Pro - Commenting System Component - cost $35
                    MyBlog Pro - Blog System Component - cost $45



                    Still to be purchased:

                    Web Designer to rework forum template to match new front end - est cost $300

                    Web Developer to customize JomSocial Component - est cost $500
                    Web Designer to rework forum template to match new frontend - 137.50, deposit paid. Est time to complete - 3 to 5 days. Another 137.50 due when designer is completed - total cost will be $275.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by BadOrderKing View Post
                      This thread is taking a dangerous and kinda weird turn!
                      I only hope you did not encounter this thread right after your meal. Maybe we need a gardening forum and it would work there.....(working very hard to restore dignity to this thread........)
                      sigpic"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
                      ~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by TFB View Post
                        I only hope you did not encounter this thread right after your meal. Maybe we need a gardening forum and it would work there.....(working very hard to restore dignity to this thread........)

                        Sorry TFB, this is a railroader's forum, no dignity here.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by rrbob View Post
                          Sorry TFB, this is a railroader's forum, no dignity here.
                          Okay, you got me there.....I have no rebuttal to well reasoned thought like this......
                          sigpic"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
                          ~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally Posted by Zeb
                            Where the money is being spent or will be spent.


                            Purchased thus far:

                            JomSocial Pro- Social Networking Component - cost $149
                            JomComment Pro - Commenting System Component - cost $35
                            MyBlog Pro - Blog System Component - cost $45
                            Nice Talk Pro - Social Network Profile chat component - cost $35

                            Web Designer to rework forum template to match new frontend - 137.50, deposit paid. Est time to complete - 3 to 5 days. Another 137.50 due when designer is completed - total cost will be $275.

                            Still to be purchased:


                            Web Developer to customize JomSocial Component - est cost $500

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Zeb, Just curious here.

                              Like many, im sure, money is tight and I may not always be able to chip in when a drive is underway. Will money be needed and can it be donated when there is no drive in progress? You know to go towards what we all know is unavoidable thiings that come up or even towards the next project?

                              I am sure this has been addressed before, I just know that this site might be free to me, it dont run itself.
                              All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by BadOrderKing View Post
                                Zeb, Just curious here.

                                Like many, im sure, money is tight and I may not always be able to chip in when a drive is underway. Will money be needed and can it be donated when there is no drive in progress? You know to go towards what we all know is unavoidable thiings that come up or even towards the next project?

                                I am sure this has been addressed before, I just know that this site might be free to me, it dont run itself.
                                If you want to donate at a later time, you can always PM me for our YardLimits account info.

                                We have allowed members to donate even if we are not running any kind of funding drive. We just don't ask for donations unless we have a project at hand - server renewal, upgrade, or software licensing fees. Donations sit in the YardLimits account until we have a project/fee to do or pay.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X