Social Groups

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Groups

Those that had started Social Groups/boards will be to recreate their groups.

The Social Groups changed a bit in this new version of the forum. Before, we had added an add-on that would allow the creation of social group private boards. The new version of the forum has a similar feature pre-built into the forum. So I have decided that it would be better to go with the built-in feature versus the 3rd party add-on. Future updates would better preserve the pre-built in boards over an add-on that created the social group boards.

All premium members should be able to create their own social group boards. Many have found this a useful way to give their local or division members a more private place to discuss local issues.
    Last edited by Zeb; 02-13-2009, 03:55 AM.

Is there a "fat middle aged, balding man that has high blood pressure and drinks too much group"? Where do I sign up?

HB
    "Never argue with an idiot; people watching might not be able to tell the difference".

Posts by Hornblower are merely opinions of Hornblower and are for entertainment only. Hornblower does not represent any railroad anywhere. Feel free to pass over any post that offends you.

Comment

Zeb, many thanks. I know you still have a ways to go to get all the features back up & running... will my old group be re-posted or should those who had groups go ahead & create new ones & invite everyone to the new one again?
      Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeb View Post
        Those that had started Social Groups/boards will be able to recreate their groups.
        Originally posted by nsrlink View Post
        will my old group be re-posted or should those who had groups go ahead & create new ones & invite everyone to the new one again?
        I think you gotta re-create it nsrlink.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nsrlink View Post
          Zeb, many thanks. I know you still have a ways to go to get all the features back up & running... will my old group be re-posted or should those who had groups go ahead & create new ones & invite everyone to the new one again?
          Yes, you will have to recreate it. The old add-on and the new social groups were not compatible.

The good news is, what the old add-on did is now pretty much built in to the forum.

Comment

Way off topic but Richmond, could you please a larger version of your little picture there? Oh my freakin gosh!!!!
            "Question with boldness, hold to the truth, and speak without fear." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Div375 View Post
              Way off topic but Richmond, could you please a larger version of your little picture there? Oh my freakin gosh!!!!
              Not so far off topic, Div, I mean I wouldn't mind having that in my social group!

Comment

Originally posted by Div375 View Post

ask and ye shall receive...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X