New YardLimits.com Admin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New YardLimits.com Admin

I just wanted to take a moment & fill the members in on a small change. The Senior Moderators (SMods) who are the governing body here at YardLimits have (for some reason) decided to make me the website Administrator. Steve Gordon, FELAFella, owner, has given his blessing as well. So all of you know, this is not the same Admin role we had years ago when the site was under different ownership. Today, the role of Admin is to help work with an IT professional & help keep the site updated, & help handle member user requests. It's mainly the back end administrative stuff interfacing with the front end everyone sees when they log in.

I'll do my best to get to things as often as possible, but understand I need to "get up to speed" on a few things & I certainly don't want to "break" anything in the process. Plus, like most everyone here, I have a full time career on the side. I know we have some things that need attention & haven't been updated in a while & I'll do my best to address those things in priority order as time permits. I'll look back over some of the outstanding issues & see what we can accomplish.

Finally, thanks to all of you for being here & being a part of this online rail labor community.

NSRLink
    Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Johnnie is gonna be pissed!!
    LOL!!
    Naw, just carrying on.
    Congrats on the step up.
    I'm sure you'll be the first ta know if something breaks. Night or Day.
    You just mite have found something more demanding than NS.

Comment

Good luck. I think we all hope this doesn't interfere too much with your role as the YL chief archivist.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawwger View Post
        LOL!!
        Naw, just carrying on.
        Congrats on the step up.
        LOL, for what it's worth, I threw Johnny's name in to the hat, but he said this time of year, he wanted to chill out & ride his motorcycle around. He's probably more up to date on more computer stuff than I am, but everyone needs a break.

I wouldn't say it's a promotion or bump, just more stuff to do. And, yeah we have some mending to do, so cross your fingers!
        Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

I changed my mind. Red just isn't your color.

Good luck, my friend.

Comment

I hope you got a raise!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawwger View Post
              LOL!!
              Naw, just carrying on.
              Congrats on the step up.
              Jonny was asked and as link said he opted out. I know him personally and know that he has been itching to ride the bike a good bit. He has gotten kinda burnt out on the computer stuff over the winter and wants a break. So being admin didn't suit.
              Thick as Valve oil, Black, White, and Tuscan Red
              That's how thick the Railroadin' in my blood is!

Ich sehne mich wieder Meister der Iron Horse werden

Nothing about this is normal!

There is no place like 127.0.0.1

1/20/17

Comment

Being around here for almost 7 years you deserve it. Hope the admin part doesn't take away from your reading and posting time.

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats and good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by RadioGuy View Post
                    I hope you got a raise!
                    They told me my pay tripled actually...
                    Oddly, $Zero x 3 still equals $Zero though!

Comment

Red isn't your color.
                      Maybe you can dye it green and make the rest of the mods Commie Red.
                      ---

Comment

Good luck! All good things to those who wait.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Good luck.
                            "A guy can't just sit around." Lawnchair Larry

Comment

Now Link, Can ya fix the damned clock!?
                              Thick as Valve oil, Black, White, and Tuscan Red
                              That's how thick the Railroadin' in my blood is!

Ich sehne mich wieder Meister der Iron Horse werden

Nothing about this is normal!

There is no place like 127.0.0.1

1/20/17

Comment

Working...
                              X