X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeb
    started a topic Updating website software today - 7/8/08

Updating website software today - 7/8/08

I'll be updating the website software today. I will be trying to do this while the website is left online. Be aware that you may notice a glitch or website hiccup from time to time. Some of the forum functions may not work as they should until the update it complete.

The forum will be offline for about 20 minutes as I update the forum software. After that, I will turn it back on and continue to update the other components.

• TFB
    replied
    I like the new look and feel Zeb. Great work as always. Can we know get back to seeing if I can raise your blood pressure...:rofl:

---noticing a BNSF pumpkin color scheme here...coincidence?

Leave a comment:

• Popeye
    replied
    I keep clicking on the chat button, because that was where the forum button was. Sometimes even the simplest of things take a little retraining.roud:

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by nsrlink
    Can the software allow the users to select a different skin (look) of the website? I just got used to all the icons from the last update.
    Nevertheless, thanks for keeping us up to date & a great job with the site in general. I like it here!

I tried to keep the old style, but there were just too many problems with it in compatibility with this update.

I did try, however, to make this new style as close to the old one as possible in regard to the layout. Hopefully it will seem very familiar and just as easy to navigate.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I think I got the update finished. Let me know if any of you run into bugs or glitches.

I pulled an all nighter getting it all done. Think I started around 2 in the afternoon yesterday and finally finished up around 3 or 4 this morning - with a few breaks thrown in.

I did a pretty thorough cleaning and update of the site. Over the last year I had kinda thrown patches and updates on without fully keeping the coding clean. I went back and cleaned up all the messes I had left behind and then reapplied all the updates, add-ons, and extras. Was a pain in the ass, but the site should be running clean and fast now with very few, if any, hiccups.

Leave a comment:

• Coyote
    replied
    Very nice, Zeb. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Popeye
    replied
    The new look was a shock, but I've already grown accustomed to it, and prefer it over the last look. Thanks Zeb, not alot of people here know the effort you go through to enable us to use this site. Your hard work if very appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• That Guy
    replied
    Thanks for your hard work Zeb. Always good to have a place to vent sometimes and have people that understand what your talking about. Keep it up.

Leave a comment:

• nsevh
    replied
    I like the new look. Thank you for doing a great job!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by BC_Guy
    Anything that doesn't look out of the box is good in my view.
    I agree. Just a royal pain in the ass to do it all. Along with the update for the forum software, I have had to find a new style for the website, edit it to work with the site (images etc), and then edit and reinstall some 20+ plug-ins I had installed over the past year.

Leave a comment:

• BC_Guy
    replied
    Originally posted by Zeb
    It wasn't by choice. I was perfectly happy with the old look. But that style hasn't been modified to work well with the updated forum software. So if I wanted to install the updates to keep the site secure, I had to go out an hunt down a compatible style.
    Anything that doesn't look out of the box is good in my view.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by BC_Guy
    Like the new look
    It wasn't by choice. I was perfectly happy with the old look. But that style hasn't been modified to work well with the updated forum software. So if I wanted to install the updates to keep the site secure, I had to go out an hunt down a compatible style.

Leave a comment:

• BC_Guy
    replied
    Like the new look

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Popeye
    Your saving me a bundle in gambling. Take your time.roud:

You can find all the links on the front page - www.yardlimits.com

Leave a comment:

• Popeye
    replied