No announcement yet.

Updating website software today - 7/8/08

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I got the update finished. Let me know if any of you run into bugs or glitches.

I pulled an all nighter getting it all done. Think I started around 2 in the afternoon yesterday and finally finished up around 3 or 4 this morning - with a few breaks thrown in.

I did a pretty thorough cleaning and update of the site. Over the last year I had kinda thrown patches and updates on without fully keeping the coding clean. I went back and cleaned up all the messes I had left behind and then reapplied all the updates, add-ons, and extras. Was a pain in the ass, but the site should be running clean and fast now with very few, if any, hiccups.

Comment

Originally posted by nsrlink
      Can the software allow the users to select a different skin (look) of the website? I just got used to all the icons from the last update.
      Nevertheless, thanks for keeping us up to date & a great job with the site in general. I like it here!

I tried to keep the old style, but there were just too many problems with it in compatibility with this update.

I did try, however, to make this new style as close to the old one as possible in regard to the layout. Hopefully it will seem very familiar and just as easy to navigate.

Comment

I keep clicking on the chat button, because that was where the forum button was. Sometimes even the simplest of things take a little retraining.roud:
        Karl Marx - "FOR THE BUREAUCRAT, THE WORLD IS A MERE OBJECT TO BE MANIPULATED BY HIM"

Comment

I like the new look and feel Zeb. Great work as always. Can we know get back to seeing if I can raise your blood pressure...:rofl:

---noticing a BNSF pumpkin color scheme here...coincidence?
          sigpic"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
          ~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006

Comment

Working...
          X