This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Groundrelay View Post
    I voted NO too.... Reason? Because it sound like some more "Committee" bull sh*t to me. Anything that requires a committee to get it accomplished sounds to much like government. And we all know how well that works.
    Understood.
    All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Groundrelay View Post
      I voted NO too.... Reason? Because it sound like some more "Committee" bull sh*t to me. Anything that requires a committee to get it accomplished sounds to much like government. And we all know how well that works.
      Originally posted by BadOrderKing View Post
      Understood.
      Well, I don't understand either one of you. YL has adopted guidelines to enable expanded membership involvement. One of those requires a vote of the YL membership, prior to adding a forum to the site. The YL membership is now in the process of voting, as to add a forum or not. A request to add a Safety Forum was suggested, by a member. That suggestion was approved by the Super Moderators (the voluntary group of folks who keep this site running) for submission to the membership. YL is not the railroad. We don't have Committees. Neither comments are appreciated or warranted.
      NS should not require warm up exercises. We get enough exercise jumping to conclusions, flying off the handle, running down our bosses,knifing friends in the back, dodging responsibility and pushing our luck.

Comment

Originally posted by batman View Post
        Well, I don't understand either one of you. YL has adopted guidelines to enable expanded membership involvement. One of those requires a vote of the YL membership, prior to adding a forum to the site. The YL membership is now in the process of voting, as to add a forum or not. A request to add a Safety Forum was suggested, by a member. That suggestion was approved by the Super Moderators (the voluntary group of folks who keep this site running) for submission to the membership. YL is not the railroad. We don't have Committees. Neither comments are appreciated or warranted.
        What?

Maybe I should have used more than one word in my passive response to the post. I understood his position on committees such as the ones we have at work. I actually voted YES. I like the idea.
        All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

I voted "yes" because "safety" issues may be different on each RR, and it would be interesting to know how those differences (and similarities) affect each RR and employee. However, I wonder how constructive this new forum will be? Will it just be a discussion forum, or will there be, (or can there be), any action taken to remedy "unsafe practices/workplace" issues? I know that is the job of each terminal "safety committee",so maybe those committee members can learn from such a forum and address it with their terminal super. I don't know. Either way, I still think it would be a good forum. I am pretty confident that most, if not all, YL members are dedicated to working safely.

Comment

Here's my two cents, for what it's worth. I'm a new hire, a couple weeks from my de-rail, and I would appreciate hearing opinions on safety from everyone on YL. Even if the ideas and opinions expressed in this new forum are not officially adopted by any major carrier, the FRA, or whatever, the spread of ideas and awareness couldn't hurt. Speaking as someone with no experiance I sincerely appreciate it when an experienced railroader points out something that I should be looking out for. There's obviously some animosity towards the official "saftey commitee"s, I've seen that in my short time as a trainee, and here in this thread. I havn't figured out why yet but I hope to understand it soon. That being said, this proposed new forum has the potential to prevent injury or worse by increasing the awareness of our members about any situation which could be brought up in the forum. It doesn't need to result in major changes to have a huge effect, if even one catastrophic event is avoided due to a split second memory of something discussed here then I think that would be justification for this new thread.

Comment

Originally posted by batman View Post
              All YardLimit.com members are asked to vote 'Yes' or 'No' for the addition of a forum entitled "Railroad Safety." The forum will be in the 'On Duty' section, directly below "The Yard Office."

We all work under the same governmental regulations. Safety issues are of the utmost importance to all of us, regardless of the carrier. By centralizing all safety issues under a single forum, those important matters will become much easier to access and follow by our membership.

The voting will take place over the next 30 days. The results will be announced on April 24, 2011. <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
              The vote is complete. The addition of a new forum entitled Railroad Safety passed 88 to 14. The new forum has been added.
              NS should not require warm up exercises. We get enough exercise jumping to conclusions, flying off the handle, running down our bosses,knifing friends in the back, dodging responsibility and pushing our luck.

Comment

Working...
              X