This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Membership Vote - New Forum

All YardLimit.com members are asked to vote 'Yes' or 'No' for the addition of a forum entitled "Railroad Safety." The forum will be in the 'On Duty' section, directly below "The Yard Office."

We all work under the same governmental regulations. Safety issues are of the utmost importance to all of us, regardless of the carrier. By centralizing all safety issues under a single forum, those important matters will become much easier to access and follow by our membership.

The voting will take place over the next 30 days. The results will be announced on April 24, 2011. <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    Yes
    86.27%
    No
    13.73%

The poll is expired.

NS should not require warm up exercises. We get enough exercise jumping to conclusions, flying off the handle, running down our bosses,knifing friends in the back, dodging responsibility and pushing our luck.

+1, hopefully it won't turn into a comedy forum...

Comment

+1 Or a political forum.

Comment

Originally posted by nuuby View Post
        +1, hopefully it won't turn into a comedy forum...
        Originally posted by mad dog View Post
        +1 Or a political forum.
        Comedy will be moved to the Comedy Forum. Politics will be deleted and the poster will be penalized. Politics are for the Current Events Forum only.
        NS should not require warm up exercises. We get enough exercise jumping to conclusions, flying off the handle, running down our bosses,knifing friends in the back, dodging responsibility and pushing our luck.

Comment

sounds good, however it will probably get like my safety committee has gotten lately. fights over what is considered safety items and what is not.
          --all postings by this poster are public information and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad-for their official position please see the particular carriers website

Comment

Originally posted by gsxr1000mxz800 View Post
            sounds good, however it will probably get like my safety committee has gotten lately. fights over what is considered safety items and what is not.
            As I said a few years ago.
            If you can get hurt by it, its a safety thing. So, EVERYTHING!
            I see the "moron meter" pegged you! It never fails...EVER!

Comment

Originally posted by throttle View Post
              As I said a few years ago.
              If you can get hurt by it, its a safety thing. So, EVERYTHING!
              Well last meeting we were informed of several issues that upper management did NOT want to ever see again on our safety meeting minutes due to being termed not safety committee items. which all of them were issues that involved safety in some sort of fashion. and most of them had actually been fixed.
              --all postings by this poster are public information and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad-for their official position please see the particular carriers website

Comment

I'm in. Discussions about safety from different crafts and roads without the carriers propaganda, great idea.

Comment

I vote yes! My family votes yes also! They are the reason I want to be safe.

Comment

I reported ALL switches that I handled a few days ago , in a yard I haven't worked in quite a few years, as being "HARD TO HANDLE". Come Monday they will not be lined by me ever again until something is done!!!! I WAS promised by the YDM that the switches would be taken care of in a week or two!!!! Surprise, I'll need some asistance at each of these switches come next Monday!!!

Comment

A new forum sounds like a good idea. It'll help put all the safety comments on the various threads into one easy to find place. I vote yes.

Comment

Originally posted by imacva View Post
                        A new forum sounds like a good idea. It'll help put all the safety comments on the various threads into one easy to find place. I vote yes.
                        You have to vote in the poll at the top of this thread, if you want it counted.

Comment

No, I voted.

Comment

Originally posted by MetaPhaze View Post
                            No, I voted.
                            Just curious. Why?
                            All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BadOrderKing View Post
                              Just curious. Why?
                              I voted NO too.... Reason? Because it sound like some more "Committee" bull sh*t to me. Anything that requires a committee to get it accomplished sounds to much like government. And we all know how well that works.
                              "If it's blue or makes transition... I don't want it."

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by me are mine and not that of Norfolk Southern Corp.

It says "An Online Rail Labor Community"

Comment

Working...
                              X